Heart attack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I remember a story from the rowing club about a guy who had a heart attack during a race. He was there going, 'oh, my arms sore'.... And finished the race!

Also, we had a family friend who had a mild heart attack at Ardnamurchan point.
They couldn't send a helicopter out due to the weather, so they had to send an ambulance out from Fort William - a journey of a good 2 or 3 hours, including a ferry crossing just to get there. I remember hearing somewhere, I don't know how true it is, that Ardnamurchan Point is the furthest away point from a hospital on the British Mainland!
He survived.

Finally, there was my Gran, who once had a heart attack (one of several she had over a few years before dying from one), jumped in her car and drove to the hospital still with chest pains, much to the horror of the doctors and everyone else concerned!
Then again, this was the woman who was once caught speeding and apparently said that she was on water tablets and was trying to get back home before wetting herself.

The police let her go. :laugh: :rolleyes:

ACS

Legendary Member
Get well soon and your are correct of course the NHS is a world class service (once you get past the guardians that is)

Top Bottom