Heart Beat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Okay so is it normal to have a heart beat that rarley gets up pass 100 even after exercise or serious work?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I'm afraid Heartbeat has never raised my pulse past 100, it usually sends me to sleep.

Smeggers

Kovu said:
Okay so is it normal to have a heart beat that rarley gets up pass 100 even after exercise or serious work?

Only if your 125 years old?

Overtraining maybe?

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
I'm only 15, and no I don't think so. Its about 60 - 70 resting, but it rarely rises over 80.

barq

I think Steve must be right. I've got a heart rate monitor which occasionally refuses to work properly and registers only every other beat. Perhaps something like that. I assume you've tried taking your own pulse and counting?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Steve Austin said:
Your heart rate is broken. It might need a new battery. but there is now way on earth, you can't get your HR above 80
I had the opposite problem with my old Vetta VHR Alpha HRM. When I bought it about 7 years back I was very slim and fit. I wanted to know my resting heart rate so I put the monitor on every morning before I got out of bed - it always read 40 bpm. I'd move about a bit - still 40. If I sat up and held my breath the reading would eventually start to increase, but as soon as I lay down and relaxed it would drop back to 40 bpm. I couldn't understand why it never read 39 or 41. Surely my resting heart rate wasn't that consistent? When I bought a new HRM I found the reason - the damn thing couldn't give a reading below that figure! My new HRM showed that my resting heart rate at the time was typically in the range 32 - 34 bpm.

yenrod

WOW ~ some rate that..i need to relax more maybe react less to situations...:ohmy:

ColinJ said:
I had the opposite problem with my old Vetta VHR Alpha HRM. When I bought it about 7 years back I was very slim and fit. I wanted to know my resting heart rate so I put the monitor on every morning before I got out of bed - it always read 40 bpm. I'd move about a bit - still 40. If I sat up and held my breath the reading would eventually start to increase, but as soon as I lay down and relaxed it would drop back to 40 bpm. I couldn't understand why it never read 39 or 41. Surely my resting heart rate wasn't that consistent? When I bought a new HRM I found the reason - the damn thing couldn't give a reading below that figure! My new HRM showed that my resting heart rate at the time was typically in the range 32 - 34 bpm.

Keith Oates

Janner
ColinJ said:

Is your real name ARMSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
barq said:
I think Steve must be right. I've got a heart rate monitor which occasionally refuses to work properly and registers only every other beat. Perhaps something like that. I assume you've tried taking your own pulse and counting?

Hmmm, well I have done it with a heart rate monitor before and thats what I came up as. But it is really rare it goes above 80, I think the highest before was 86. That was after exercise with just taking my own pulse and counting.

Will1985

Über Member
If you're counting for 30 seconds, are you remembering to multiply by two?!? :biggrin:

Something is wrong with your counting or the HRM, or you may want to ask your parents if you landed in a space ship and your real name is Superman/boy :ohmy:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Definatly couting and doubling it.

Resting now. Its 60 bpm - thats coutning myself.

Will1985

Über Member
Well 60 is a fairly normal resting heart rate - if you are measuring the moment you stop exercise, it sounds bizarre and you should get yourself signed up to a Pro Team who would find a way to maximise your heart rate and make you a champion!

Perhaps get someone else to check too....I often find feeling for my carotid pulse is more accurate after a strenuous run.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Keith Oates said:
Is your real name ARMSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, given my height (nearly 6' 2") I'm nearer to being Big Mig, and compared to a lot of cyclists I've met over the past few years, I'm more of a LEGSWEAK!!

Other fascinating facts discovered using a HRM on hilly rides in West Yorkshire - I once wore a Polar HRM to log my heart rate throughout a 5 hour ride round the South Pennines. My heart rate barely dropped below 155 BPM the whole time, which was a bit scary. Even more scary was finding that I was at close to 200 BPM on a 25% climb on the way home. I was aged about 40 at the time, I'm sure that I couldn't get above about 185 BPM now, and I'd prefer to stick to sub-170!

Top Bottom