Heart rate high?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
At the time i was really out of breath and my legs were ready to give up. However, that has been the case many times on my rides and when i look back at the data after a ride i have been almost at my max for a short time and always at top of hills. I don't look at the data while climbing as i'm so concentrated on the effort.
Forgive my ignorance but how can i work out my true HR max is? I'm not a gym member nor do i have a turbo trainer.
Cheers for your help

Forgive my ignorance but how can i work out my true HR max is? I'm not a gym member nor do i have a turbo trainer.

gym or turbo not required..

Find yourself a long, steady hill - ride up it as hard as you can (and I mean hard) - and then about 100m from the summit, start sprinting with whatever you have left until you are over the top. Whatever number you see when you get over the top of the hill is probably as close to your max as you will get without doing a lab test...

Just make sure you are fully warmed up for a good 30 mins or so - including some hard riding - before attempting something like that.

Find yourself a long, steady hill - ride up it as hard as you can (and I mean hard) - and then about 100m from the summit, start sprinting with whatever you have left until you are over the top. Whatever number you see when you get over the top of the hill is probably as close to your max as you will get without doing a lab test...

Just make sure you are fully warmed up for a good 30 mins or so - including some hard riding - before attempting something like that.

And consult your doctor before you try it. It can be a risky way of making it zero.

tadpole

If you wear a chest strap, it can and does move, and this movement, if the underside is not wet and making good contact, or if it is too wet, and slips about then you'll get a sudden peak, or several seconds where the rate climbs alarmingly. It does it all the time with me on the dreadmill. I can see a peak heart rate of 190bpm when running slowly at 8.5 mmp, despite my average hear rate settling as 145

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker

Cheers i'll give that a go :thumbsup:

Top Bottom