Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like sweat with all the indoor cycling of late has killed my Decathlon HRM sensor. Tried a new strap and the reversing the battery trick but its still dead. I can't remember when I actually bought it but I think it has lasted at least 2 years, the stages Dash HRM didn't last 2 months. I think my previous Lifeline one lasted 6-8 months and my previous garmin soft strap HRM lasted a year. The original garmin hard strap HRM lasted about 7 years.

On the face of it the Decathlon one still offered good life for buck compared to all but my original hard strap garmin monitor. I'm tempted to order another but any recommendations for a HRM that will last?

TIA :okay:

I have a wahoo tickr. Connects through ant+ or Bluetooth to any device that supports these protocols. Not the cheapest one on the market -£40 ish give or take- but like anything else you get what you pay for. I’d recommend if your budget allows.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
There's a weak part in the Wahoo Tickr strap where it clips onto the monitor. Mines broke after a month and I'm not rough with my gear. Seen reviews with same issue. To their credit they're shipping me a new one with no hassle :okay:.

There's a weak part in the Wahoo Tickr strap where it clips onto the monitor. Mines broke after a month and I'm not rough with my gear. Seen reviews with same issue. To their credit they're shipping me a new one with no hassle :okay:.
View attachment 517452
I had this exact problem and yeah it’s a well known fault but mine went after well over a year. I just glued it back on lol! At risk of teaching you to suck eggs make sure it’s cleaned after use as I’ve seen sweat corrosion completely rot the terminal!

si_c

Guru
My Garmin HRM strap is ok, but the Mio one I have is far more comfortable and it's been going reliably for 5 years, I tend to rotate the two as the straps can get a bit disgusting if used daily.

Top Bottom