1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heath Ledger

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Landslide, 23 Jan 2008.

1. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

So Mr Ledger has shuffled off the mortal coil.
    I can't claim to know him (not even in a tenuous link to fame way), but all reports seem to point to him being a nice guy who'll be sorely missed.

This in mind, was it really in the best possible taste for Chris Moyles to play The Wombats "Moving To New York" (I'm having problems with my sleep) this morning?

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

no worse than annie nightingale playing the hitler rap on armistice day.

3. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Humour goes hand in hand with death IMO.

4. vbc

vbc Guest

But Chris Moyles is a total twat.

5. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

He is, but he's paid to be so.
    Lets face it if he went on air tomorrow as 'Smashy and Nicey' character,
    the listening figures would plummet.
    Same applies to Mr Clarkson, imagine the response if he got into green issues, and started cycling;)

6. alecstilleyedye

<needs to get out more>i assumed he was some old boy from the b/w days as i'd never heard of him.</etc>

7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I thought the "Heath Ledger" was part of the Domesday Book.
    No, sad to hear of the loss of someone who seemingly had promise (I have to admit though that I didn't know the name till I listened to the news last night. I don't get out much either :biggrin:)

8. alecstilleyedye

or a horse race…

ironic that a chap, who will be forever remembered for that gay cowboy film, has the first name heath.

9. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

They weren't cowboys, they were shepherds.

10. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

Sad - he was cute! :biggrin:

11. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Glad someone else has said that (though not the bit about not getting out much, even if I admit it must be true in my case also!).

12. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I rather liked him actually...he was in '10 things i hate about you' which was a fantastic high school film (if not contradiction in terms) and 'the knight's tale' which I loved. He was also very cute.

I was seriously shocked this morning. Clearly I don't know him but I found it quite upsetting!!!

13. Cheddar George

Cheddar George oober member

Somebody mentioned this in work today but within 20 seconds the conversation had digressed into how good an actor Paul Bettany is, fame is very fickle.

14. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

They were talking about him at work today. I thought it was something to do with the Finance Dept - well we do have the auditors in.

I'd never heard of him, and when someone you didn't know existed stops existing, it's difficult to rustle up much emotional energy. Hope his loved ones are ok though.