Heath Ledger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
So Mr Ledger has shuffled off the mortal coil.
I can't claim to know him (not even in a tenuous link to fame way), but all reports seem to point to him being a nice guy who'll be sorely missed.

This in mind, was it really in the best possible taste for Chris Moyles to play The Wombats "Moving To New York" (I'm having problems with my sleep) this morning?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
no worse than annie nightingale playing the hitler rap on armistice day.

Aint Skeered

vbc said:
But Chris Moyles is a total twat.

He is, but he's paid to be so.
Lets face it if he went on air tomorrow as 'Smashy and Nicey' character,
the listening figures would plummet.
Same applies to Mr Clarkson, imagine the response if he got into green issues, and started cycling;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I thought the "Heath Ledger" was part of the Domesday Book.
No, sad to hear of the loss of someone who seemingly had promise (I have to admit though that I didn't know the name till I listened to the news last night. I don't get out much either :biggrin:)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Fnaar said:
No, sad to hear of the loss of someone who seemingly had promise (I have to admit though that I didn't know the name till I listened to the news last night. I don't get out much either :biggrin:)

or a horse race…

ironic that a chap, who will be forever remembered for that gay cowboy film, has the first name heath.

They weren't cowboys, they were shepherds.

Fnaar said:

Glad someone else has said that (though not the bit about not getting out much, even if I admit it must be true in my case also!).

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I rather liked him actually...he was in '10 things i hate about you' which was a fantastic high school film (if not contradiction in terms) and 'the knight's tale' which I loved. He was also very cute.

I was seriously shocked this morning. Clearly I don't know him but I found it quite upsetting!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
They were talking about him at work today. I thought it was something to do with the Finance Dept - well we do have the auditors in.

I'd never heard of him, and when someone you didn't know existed stops existing, it's difficult to rustle up much emotional energy. Hope his loved ones are ok though.

Top Bottom