Heating - on/off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have always had poor circulation. At the moment I get out of bed 0700ish, dressing gown on then CH on for maybe 2 hours.
We spend most of our home time in the conservatory with an oil fired radiator.

byegad

Legendary Member
Our heating is always 'on', but the timers and thermostats* ensure it only actually heats when needed. At £30/month to heat our 4 bed detached to a decent standard I don't think we're doing too badly.
*We have 2 zones, upstairs and downstairs, which have different heating profiles.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
On. You crazy? :wacko:

screenman

Legendary Member
Downstairs on 24/7 as it is underfloor, upstairs on from 4.30am until 5.30am both have been this way since 14th of this fine month.

G3CWI

Veteran
We have invested in a thermostat. This device only turns the heating on when the temperature in our house drops below a predetermined temperature. The target varies though the day according to our predicted needs. Thus the heating is always on when needed. Surely that’s the best bet?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've no choice, Mrs Slick would have the heating on and the door open and it's now a battle ove kinda given up on.
Similar here. MrsP would have the heating on 24/7. I am still wearing shorts and t shirts. I open the windows, and SWMBO closes them. I can't win, so I sit in the kitchen listening to the radio with the windows open, whilst MrsP is on the front room, door shut and the heating on.:heat:

Top Bottom