Heating - on/off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The room 'stat in the hall has switched the heating on at odd times through the summer when it's been chilly and now it's on full whack AND the stove is lit so I'm sweating while Mrs Gti is curled up and complaining she's cold.

Slick

Guru
Similar here. MrsP would have the heating on 24/7. I am still wearing shorts and t shirts. I open the windows, and SWMBO closes them. I can't win, so I sit in the kitchen listening to the radio with the windows open, whilst MrsP is on the front room, door shut and the heating on.:heat:
I sit all the time at home with shorts and Mrs Slick is currently wrapped in a thick dressing gown whilst still fully dressed. I don't get it. :wacko:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We have the gaz fire on in the lounge every night until it warms up then turn it off. No CH on yet as not cold enough to heat up the whole house yet.

classic33

Leg End Member
Heating - is it November already?
Five days to go.

gbb

Legendary Member
16°F I take it. Good man.
Ironically 15, sometimes as low as 13 seems to be my switch on point, just seemed to feel the cold yesterday. This morning its 15 In the house...and doesnt feel cold at all. Bedroom windows open all night, cant stand feeling too hot at night.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I never switch mine off. It doesn't actually come on unless the temperature drop too slow and the thermostat turns it on.

Top Bottom