heavy breathing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Angelfishsolo that reply brought a smile to my face on such a miserable damp day.

One person is happy. My work here is done :smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
Another heavy breather here.

Perhaps all us heavy breathers should have a ride together. Would sound like a fog horn going up a hill.

apollo179

Sod what people think of you. If you modify you breathing to sound quieter you will almost certainly ride more slowly.

It isnt just about what people think of you although i do try and maintain some self respect out on the road its also to do with just the sense in not getting over stressed to the point where you are panting like a lunatic and look like your about to have a heart attack.
It may mean going slightly slower but in the overall consideration i recon a little less speed and arriving at the top in better shape is the smart option.
After all if you go off like a hare at the bottom of a hill you allways run the risk of burning up and having to get off and pushing your bike up the hill.

twobiker

The Tennis players seem to think it makes a difference if they grunt when they exhale and serve, but personally I sound like an old Donkey, eee,aaaw,eee,aaaw,

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It isnt just about what people think of you although i do try and maintain some self respect out on the road its also to do with just the sense in not getting over stressed to the point where you are panting like a lunatic and look like your about to have a heart attack.
It may mean going slightly slower but in the overall consideration i recon a little less speed and arriving at the top in better shape is the smart option.
After all if you go off like a hare at the bottom of a hill you allways run the risk of burning up and having to get off and pushing your bike up the hill.

I guess it depends why you are riding. If it is for fitness than pushing yourself is essential. For leisure not so.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Hahahaha! Yes, breathe!

I've got a heart defect, so it doesn't help either!

George the bike is currently still very much not fixed (very clean, mind!) This is due to lack of funds/understanding of how to fix it!

Once you get the funds there will be plenty of people on here (me included) who will be able to talk to talk you through fixing it :smile:

twobiker

Never ever push a bike uphill, it is of the utmost importance that cyclists should plan every ride so that the hills are rideable, the bragging rights to your teenage superfit kid that you rode all the way is paramount, even though it means going 10mls out of your way to do it.

apollo179

Never ever push a bike uphill, it is of the utmost importance that cyclists should plan every ride so that the hills are rideable, the bragging rights to your teenage superfit kid that you rode all the way is paramount, even though it means going 10mls out of your way to do it.

I adopt the policy that as soon as i reach the top of the hill and get back on the bike i assume a demeanor that says to any curious motorist "geeze that was a tough hill bet hey i made it". Obviously the ones that passed you as you were walking up you cant do anything about but its about damage limitation.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I don't normally breath heavy or loud

But yesterday I was on my mtb going up a hella steep hill on a single track with rocks etc

By the time I got to the top I could have won an Oscar had I been doing it while attached to a phone :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

apollo179

I don't normally breath heavy or loud

But yesterday I was on my mtb going up a hella steep hill on a single track with rocks etc

By the time I got to the top I could have won an Oscar had I been doing it while attached to a phone :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

An oscar or 6 months in strangeways.:reading:

Top Bottom