"Heavy mileage" and "penetrative spray" = replacement 18 month old rear wheel!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are only three possible narratives to explain the part's failure:

1. There was a one-off problem with an individual component, or
2. There's an inherent problem with the design or manufacture of that whole component line or
3. The customer's use or abuse of the component.

Mass production and modern quality assurance makes #1 unlikely. Presumably it's not #2 - that these hubs are failing in great numbers because the industry would have heard about it. Unless... this was among the first and this is just the tip of an emerging warranty iceberg. So, from Brompton's viewpoint, whether right or wrong, it looks like customer error.

s.

A drum roll as you so blithely diss possibilities 1 and 2.

You say you work in retail?

I'd be interested to know which outfit so that I can avoid it.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Beryl's was an honest and reasonable post.
And she was asking fair questions of generally helpful folk on here.
No need to be snarky.

Declaration of interest - i have an old brommie and hence am interested in the thread. Have had no similar issues with mine but then i see cyclechat as a nice way of sharing experience and knowledge.

Have a nice mickleday.

I suspect that the poster is a er gent unless James is now a ladies name. :whistle::girldance:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I am a technician for a high-end computer and mobile phone manufacturer
So you will know that as a technician you get something "blind", for all they knew you could have put your wheel in the microwave then given ten fat friends a lift on the back.

For some bloody stupid reason Brompton not only ask their technicians to guess the cause of a fault but also to put that in writing to a customer. No-one wants that, they just want their bike back fixed and be told that it was a one-off fault and it won't happen again.

Same with me in healthcare, no-one wants to be told they're ill because they smoke like a chimney and have eight pints each night, they just want a cure and to be home in time for Countdown.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I had chondromalacia patellae once (hurty knee), and the consultant said it was due to 'overuse'.

Sorry, as you were.
It's best just to fly around for at least one day a week to give them a rest.

1ibaqw.jpg

Top Bottom