Heavy Water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham O

It's a boring afternoon here waiting for the courier to come and listening to the rain falling. So I started wondering how much water was falling out of the sky. Just considering Wales and assuming 20mm of rainfall that equates to about 400 million tonnes of water! (I hope I've got the sums right).

I just thought I'd share that!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Seems like nearly that much has fallen on my house today. If it wasn't for the roof leak I don't think it could have held the weight.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well we're building arks up here in Northumberland! Haldf my town's under water.... :biggrin: (Not me, thankfully, but some friends have living rooms waist deep..... :tongue:)

Keith Oates

Janner
Graham O said:
It's a boring afternoon here waiting for the courier to come and listening to the rain falling. So I started wondering how much water was falling out of the sky. Just considering Wales and assuming 20mm of rainfall that equates to about 400 million tonnes of water! (I hope I've got the sums right).

I just thought I'd share that!
How can you keep 400 million tonnes of water up in the sky in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MessenJah

Rider
Wtf... I thought this was about water whose molecules contained deuterium instead of regular hydrogen.

Top Bottom