Hedge clipping: heigh-ho it's pu**ture time again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Why don't the idle bastards get out of their cabs with a yard broom every so often and sweep the clippings into the verge?;)
Rant over.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Why don't the idle bastards get out of their cabs with a yard broom every so often and sweep the clippings into the verge?:blush:
Rant over.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
I just got an ovine-like stare of incomprehension when I asked this of the tractor driver, when I showed him the thorn and flat tyre.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
I just got an ovine-like stare of incomprehension when I asked this of the tractor driver, when I showed him the thorn and flat tyre.

domtyler

Über Member
You don't geddit! They are happy when you get a puncture, it brings amusement to an otherwise empty, lonely and miserable existence.

domtyler

Über Member
You don't geddit! They are happy when you get a puncture, it brings amusement to an otherwise empty, lonely and miserable existence.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Remember this time of year well - just watch it when the roads are damp as well - guaranteed visit from the "P" fairy

monnet

Guru
Yep, been out today and my hasn't Mr Farmer been busy preparing for me?! Managed to avoid farmer Giles hedge related debris only to come unstuck on one of his other scams - muck spreading in the road as well as his fields. I was going round a corner when my back wheel just flew out from under me. Cue monnet spread across the road, like F Giles' muck and stinking of it for the rest of the ride. Fortunately I only got a bit of bruising and road rash. Bastard

monnet

Guru
Yep, been out today and my hasn't Mr Farmer been busy preparing for me?! Managed to avoid farmer Giles hedge related debris only to come unstuck on one of his other scams - muck spreading in the road as well as his fields. I was going round a corner when my back wheel just flew out from under me. Cue monnet spread across the road, like F Giles' muck and stinking of it for the rest of the ride. Fortunately I only got a bit of bruising and road rash. Bastard

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I once came across two farmers actually using blowers to clear the road of hedge clippings :biggrin: . Despite the shock I had the presence of mind to issue a big thank you as I rode past :biggrin: ;)

A friend who is a WPC (that's a lady police person) was actually called out to deal with a lane covered in hedge clippings once. Don't know what happened on that occasion but the farmer has an obligation to keep the highway clear. So complain - you never know it might work.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I once came across two farmers actually using blowers to clear the road of hedge clippings :biggrin: . Despite the shock I had the presence of mind to issue a big thank you as I rode past :biggrin: ;)

A friend who is a WPC (that's a lady police person) was actually called out to deal with a lane covered in hedge clippings once. Don't know what happened on that occasion but the farmer has an obligation to keep the highway clear. So complain - you never know it might work.

Top Bottom