Hedgehog (poorly)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picking up wet food on the way home.

Hogs are not too fussy, but chicken cat food is generally recommended and they usually love mealworms (bird food), but they're a bit like crisps for them - a treat but little food value. Water is probably the best drink and remember NO milk or bread.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ned.

Ned ned who lives under the shed.
Likes to be fed
Recumbent in his straw bed.
He's alright is Ned.
So are you going to keep him/her? What about the back leg. Could it be broken? Good luck whatever you decide to do. I hope he/she survives!:okay:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was chatting today to a friend in China. She bought an African Dwarf Hedgehog. She liked it so much she bought another. Now she has seven baby Dwarf African hedgehogs that are eating her out of house and home

So if you do end up having to keep it cos it can't be released into the wild, whatever you do don't find another. Otherwise you'll be working just to pay for the hedgehog food

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
[QUOTE 4961362, member: 259"]He'd be better off with some tinned dogfood.[/QUOTE]

Or cat food.

Flyboy

Ring here

Attachments

• IMG_1747.PNG
    IMG_1747.PNG
    106.2 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Ned update: Had a drink of water and a bit of chicken. Now asleep again. Probs take him over to the sanctuary tomorrow.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On the subject of hedgehogs,i went for a walk today and saw a hedgehog on the pavement,the first one i've seen in about 2 years. It was near to the church up the road that's being restored,so i asked the stone masons working there if they had a towel or cloth i could use to pick it up and and put it somewhere safe. By the time they'd found one the hedgehog had gone. They must be able to move at some speed,or it could've been that it was camouflaged among the fallen leaves. Anyway,i didn't see a squashed hedgehog on my way back,which i was half expecting. I hope it wandered off to somewhere safe.

Top Bottom