Heel Pain Injury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Today I was at the gym and when I finished I found I had pain in my heel when walking. Anybody had this and is it easy to fix? I wear custom made orthotics and I was wearing them at the gym today. I did some HITT training on the treadmill and I suspect that might have been the problem.

vickster

Legendary Member
Plantar fasciitis? Can be a bitch. Usual rest, ice, stretching, desist from what causes/aggravates it (probably be almost everything from walking onwards)

Hopefully it’ll be better soon as if it is PF it’s often not easy nor quick to fix

gbb

Legendary Member
IIRC, PF is fairly consistent to recognise as it's often very painful in the morning or after rest but then subsides somewhat with use. As Vickster says, it can be a very difficult ailment to fix. My wife had it for well over 6 months.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
IIRC, PF is fairly consistent to recognise as it's often very painful in the morning or after rest but then subsides somewhat with use. As Vickster says, it can be a very difficult ailment to fix. My wife had it for well over 6 months.
Omg, I think I better book with the physio, I'm off in a few weeks on a ten week holiday and need to get it sorted. I think I'll give up the running and stick with the bike.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Does it still hurt this morning?
Did you ice and stretch properly afterwards?
I stretched after my work out and more last night, it doesn't seem to hurt as bad today, so I will see if it goes on it's own over the next day or two and keep doing the stretches recommended on you tube, thanks for asking.......

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom