Height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Why would any GP waste time investigating why someone has got a little bit taller? Or why would anyone care?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why would any GP waste time investigating why someone has got a little bit taller? Or why would anyone care?
Somebody probably told Alexander Fleming not to get distracted by his mould-infected Petri dish, but fortunately for mankind, he did! :thumbsup:

Short people all over the world are eagerly awaiting the results of NT's tests in the hope of a cure for notalotofheightilitis ...

He shouldn't really have had to look too far for the answer this fella. In the intervening years, the manufacture of tape measures have gotten shorter as the measurements have become more accurate. In the eighteenth and nineteenth century they were made out of hemp which stretched and so measurements were distorted. This was only discovered recently on an archeological dig and in fact height hasn't changed much in a hundred years or so. Full article here, it's very interesting

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ugly-man.jpg
one of a pair of South African twins?

edit - yes
http://www.rogerballen.com/

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
2630753 said:
So how would that pan out ideally? Everyone the same height? If so, what would it be?
One height doesn't suit all ... There are not many successful tall jockeys or short high jumpers!

I quite like being the height that I am. I am tall enough to have the advantages of that (e.g. reaching high shelves) without being so tall that I bang my head on most doorways, can't get clothes to fit etc.

I do struggle with the slow transition from being 'tall' to being just 'average height' (ok, that is average for younger men in the Netherlands).

Top Bottom