Helicopter tape or Electrical tape for bags?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lookrider

I avoid all that sticky tape on the frame or posts
Wrapped area with plumbers thread tape as it's not sticky and will not do any damage ...I secure that tight with coloured tape to match frame but not overlapping onto frame
No sticky Mark's any where if you take it off and it does not " turn" with the saddle bags rattle do theres no scuff Mark's on tubes that you would get with the velcro

OP
OP
Midsrider

Midsrider

I would use electrical tape in the position you describe because as you say it's hidden, easy to apply and replace plus I always have some to hand.

I use helicopter tape on visible areas, the chain stay and cable rub areas. I never seem to know where my helicopter tape is........though I did stumble across some lurking in a drawer the other day. :laugh:

Never experienced a problem with either on the paintwork and this is something I'm very anal about! A bit of care when removing but that's all.

Thanks - I will do. I have some helicopter tape which I will keep for visible parks on the bike. I was considering putting it on the under frame of the bike but wear and tear and well use of a bike is part of the being used process ! J I just did't want these awful bag marks people have when they take them off.

I will apply the electrical tape this week and post a pic (I have around 60 rolls of black in my unit which has not been used since covid!)

Top Bottom