Hellllooooo Cyclechatter's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclox

Hello Cyclechatter's......
I have been plucking up courage to make my first post since I registered days and days ago so here goes.

I cycle to and from work 5 days a week = 18 miles a day
Like cycling round parks but don't like busy roads and bus drivers or lorry drivers come to think of it, and I absolutely hate roundabouts.
There are so many 'bullies' out there I've recently been thinking about giving up cycling to work altogether. Then I started reading the Post's on here and got some inspiration and felt better realizing that I don't suffer alone.

The organised rides sound fun and I like reading the banter on Colin J's spot and love the humour and friendliness of it all. 'Tea' is soooooo funny sometimes I actually find myself laughing out loud.

Anyways, I've finally done it and I've got my first post in. Thank you for having me.

OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

Oooops! Meant to say I'm from Warrington way.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome Buddy,not suprised you don't like riding on roads seeing as you are from Warrington,it's a nightmare in a car ! Glad you feel welcome on the site,they are a great bunch of riders and i hope you join us on some of the forum rides.
I am only down the East Lancs from you along with quite a few other riders so we look like we will have enough for a Cheshire ride soon.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi Cyclox and :welcome:

Glad you're settling in ok, and you're enjoying the pointless rubbish knowledgable and friendly posts on here :biggrin:

I'll agree Warrington is 'interesting' to cycle round, or was on the few occasions I've done it. Definitely keep an eye out for the group rides though as they are good fun IMHO.

:bicycle:
:hello:
Hello & welcome from the "far north":tongue:

T

Snorri's going to object to that
tongue.gif

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Hello from Sunny Sussex :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi Cyclox and :welcome:

Glad you're settling in ok, and you're enjoying the pointless rubbish knowledgable and friendly posts on here :biggrin:

I'll agree Warrington is 'interesting' to cycle round, or was on the few occasions I've done it. Definitely keep an eye out for the group rides though as they are good fun IMHO.

:bicycle:

Snorri's going to object to that
tongue.gif

:tongue: It's all relative!
Still waiting for Snorri, Noodley, Eck or some other "even further northerners" to spot this thread... :thumbsup:

Cyclox is in the "far south" as far as I am concerned, whereas you are near the middle on the western fringe :hello:

Sorry Cyclox - some in-jokes among old friends (who met via CC). There is a map of CCers worldwide here, if you haven't come across it yet.

T

OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

Wow!! Thank you so much for the welcomes........I feel right at home already.

Sorry to everyone for being so late on the reply but I've had so many late nights in from work this week. Can rest up for the weekend now ready to do it all over again Monday.

David_widnes

Veteran
Hello and welcome,

Im from Widnes and i totally agree with your comments on the roads around Warrington but don't the bullies as you rightly call them let them put you off riding.

I found that the more i just got out and rode my bike the more confident i became but i still have to have all my wits about me but i doesn't put me off going out any more.

Good Luck.

Top Bottom