Hello all, another one from Wales.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Hello All from west Wales.

Well I turned 60 last year, I'm overweight, slowly getting fitter and definitely need some motivation.

I've not ridden long distances or in earnest for the last twenty years or so and only started to get back into it seriously again very recently.

I used to mountain bike a lot and ride quite a few sponsored charity rides in the UK and Europe.

I like retro bikes, particularly run of the mill Raleighs,which are in my opinion under rated, also like old steel rigid framed MTB's, doing rebuilds, in fact anything bike orientated.

Not so much of a road rider these days,( but was in my twenties) as I have access to many miles of traffic free trails. :smile:

Well I think that's enough for my first post, no need to bore you all.

All the best for now.

Salar

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome:
I've ridden MTB's all my life. I got back into cycling 2 years ago and bought a new one.
I do love it and ride more trails than technical stuff these days, but I also bought a hybrid last year, which due to having major surgery just after I got it, I've only just started riding.
I absolutely love it and while my MTB still has a place in my cycling life, the hybrid is my go-to choice these days :smile:
Enjoy your riding!

OP
OP
Salar

Salar

A fish out of water
Hi,

My MTB is a Kona Hoss, which I've modified quite a bit, including the removal of the suspension forks, replaced with rigid forks.

Also ride a hybrid, a 1992 Raleigh Pioneer which I quite like and occasionally ride a Dawes folder and always keep a look out for MTB's from the 80's.

Salar

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. Bora da. Thats my limit for Welsh, maybe prynhawn da thrown in. :welcome:

Top Bottom