Hello all. What a great site!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AuroraSaab, 12 Jun 2019.

1. AuroraSaab

AuroraSaab Regular

Hi all. Just wanted to say thanks for such a great site. I am thinking of buying a road bike and have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks - what an absolute gold mine of info, reviews, and advice it is. Really friendly too; on the newbie forum everyone is welcoming with no patronising or snarky comments.

I am not even sure I will commit to buying a bike as I'm a bit daunted by the traffic round here, but I am really enjoying reading the forums and the enthusiasm is contagious.

2. otek59

otek59 Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome

AuroraSaab likes this.
  3. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

stick around, its good here:okay:

tom73 and AuroraSaab like this.
  4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Welcome in !!!

AuroraSaab likes this.
  5. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Hello and welcome.
    Don't worry about the traffic, give it a try. You don't have to stay on the roads, there are plenty of alternatives.

tom73 and AuroraSaab like this.
  6. tom73

tom73 Über Member

:welcome: Don’t let traffic put you off if it’s something you want to do. The fun you get more then makes up for it :okay:

AuroraSaab likes this.
  7. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this....

I like traffic...… :wacko:

8. furball

furball Veteran

On a bike you are also traffic. This is something that the rest of the traffic has to accept. That's how I look at it anyway.
    Cycle Craft by John Franklin gives good detailed information on how to tackle all sorts of road situations.

9. johnblack

johnblack Well-Known Member

Hopefully you're not to far from quieter roads, aim for them and get your confidence up, traffic is a pain, but it is something you get used to. I still avoid it as much as I can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice