Hello All

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jeow

As smokey has said it is a good idea to work out what sort of riding you want to do and although its great that you can spend a couple of thousand it might be better idea to look at lower priced bikes as you can get really good bikes for a lot less and maybe look to upgrade components if you decide you really enjoy cycling .
Of course if you can afford it go for it !!!

Hi Cyberknight. I completely agree, I know I want to do road riding for 100%.

Well. I am open to suggestions for biking manufacturers. I am 6.3.
Well hello fellow hightower, I'm 6' 5" myself :thumbsup:

As CK says, it would be very wise to get along to as many shops as you can, and try out as many different bikes as you can as well.

A road bike nowadays is a far cry from a racer of the 70's or 80's, (I'm not assuming your age here). They have different geometries and different frame materials - prepare to have your mind blown :wacko:

Places like Evans Cycles are always good to visit as they stock a lot of brands under one roof, and most people have reasonable access to one.

One problem I suspect you will experience is finding anywhere with stock of your size, (I've never managed it yet!). So from your point of view this makes sizing and fit even more crucial, but again Evans will order any bike for a refundable deposit, then if you don't want it for any reason, get your refund back and walk away.

So get along to some shops, talk to the guys, get their advice on frame size etc, (always good to compare a few for comparison), and above all enjoy the process.

I love buying a new bike I do :hyper:

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Once I'd got the bug in many years ago I ended up having to rent a garage to store the many different bikes I ended up buying I could only ride one at a time. There are many forms of cycling you may end up doing just one or two that a single bike could do or you may end up wanting to try them all so you might need several. Good luck in your choice and enjoy it (you will anyway).

I've got to show you THIS

It's widely regarded as the best road bike you can buy upto £500 or £600.

The frame will warrant future upgrades to making it reasonably future proof, and above all you'll get change from £300.

Then if you take to road cycling the Triban will be an easy sale due to the amazing press it's received over the past few months.

Of course if you want to just go tatas deep with your ££££'s then the world is your oyster.

OP
OP
J

jeow

Well hello fellow hightower, I'm 6' 5" myself :thumbsup:

As CK says, it would be very wise to get along to as many shops as you can, and try out as many different bikes as you can as well.

A road bike nowadays is a far cry from a racer of the 70's or 80's, (I'm not assuming your age here). They have different geometries and different frame materials - prepare to have your mind blown :wacko:

Places like Evans Cycles are always good to visit as they stock a lot of brands under one roof, and most people have reasonable access to one.

One problem I suspect you will experience is finding anywhere with stock of your size, (I've never managed it yet!). So from your point of view this makes sizing and fit even more crucial, but again Evans will order any bike for a refundable deposit, then if you don't want it for any reason, get your refund back and walk away.

So get along to some shops, talk to the guys, get their advice on frame size etc, (always good to compare a few for comparison), and above all enjoy the process.

I love buying a new bike I do :hyper:

I will go to some of the shops but only moved from Essex few years ago can anybody recommend any other shops to visit?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I will go to some of the shops but only moved from Essex few years ago can anybody recommend any other shops to visit?
spesh concept store birmingham
Samways derby
cadence sport , barton under needwood run by adrain timmis ex pro rider who offers a very well like bike fit service.

martin122

Regular
I've got to show you THIS

It's widely regarded as the best road bike you can buy upto £500 or £600.

The frame will warrant future upgrades to making it reasonably future proof, and above all you'll get change from £300.

Then if you take to road cycling the Triban will be an easy sale due to the amazing press it's received over the past few months.

Of course if you want to just go tatas deep with your ££££'s then the world is your oyster.
I have a triban3 and done over 1000 mile on it and would highly recommend it.

Top Bottom