Hello All

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

First post just to say hello. I'm 27 from Dumbarton, near Loch Lomond and Glasgow.

Just recently bought a Specizlized Tricross bike and I have completely caught the bug. I don't use it for commuting because I live too close to work but I've been going long distance cycles at weekends. I would like to get involved in a Lands End John O'Groats journey in the summer.

I'm enjoying it so much that I am going to embark upon a small project, building a fixed gear bike for summer for 2 reasons. 1. to build a better understanding of the components in a road bike, and 2. for using to go to the golf course/gym/swimming and not having to worry about leaving a £700 bike locked outside. Dumbarton is remarkably flat, well the bits I'll use anyway so I wont need gears for an about town bike.

I'm going to post a thread asking for some advice with regards to building the fixed gear bike as my knowledge is minimal. I have an old Raleigh frame/forks/handlebars and that's about it. Quite excited about it to be honest, I'm wanting to do almost everything myself, going to the local bike shop as little as possible! Although that remains to be seen.

Cheers

Graham

OP
OP
G

grayhamzyvicz

Regular

Slioch

Guru
Hi Grayhamzyvicz, and welcome aboard.

I've done the Glasgow to Balloch cycle path many a time when I lived up there. Nice and flat round there, just how I like it. ^_^

OP
OP
G

grayhamzyvicz

Regular
I've done the Glasgow to Balloch cycle path many a time when I lived up there. Nice and flat round there, just how I like it.

Yeah it is good, although I am steering clear of it just now as some parts of it are like a bog because of the wet winter, which i dont enjoy cycling through in my new cyclocross! More suited to the old mountain bike at the moment!

Top Bottom