Hello Ducky Bye Bye Google

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
The point was that Google were offering a blanket collection of my data across several platforms, their new 'privacy policy' stated they were going to track all my activity on all their platforms and do anything they liked with it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Whereas any other "free" internet service you care to mention will track all of your activity on all their platforms and do anything they like with it.

(Yes, probably including this one, when Shaun turns evil).

martint235

Dog on a bike
The point was that Google were offering a blanket collection of my data across several platforms, their new 'privacy policy' stated they were going to track all my activity on all their platforms and do anything they liked with it.
My understanding of the new Google privacy policy was that they already tracked all your activity on all their platforms but under individual privacy policies. The new policy amalgamated these but it did mean that for example agreeing to the Gmail policy also meant agreement to the Picasa policy. What Google were actually doing didn't change.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Approximately 85% of Mozilla’s revenue comes from Google due to the deal in place to make Google the default search engine. A large proportion of the Java and HTML5 engine comes courtesy from code contributions made by Google. The fact is without donations of both financial and code from the likes of AOL and Google the Mozilla corporation would not exist today.
You think you have switched away but in reality large companies still have fingers in all your pies ;)

ALL YOUR PIES ARE BELONG TO US.

It's slightly off putting having a duck watching me type in my weird and deviant searches. I feel much better having a curled up fox on the screen; too distressed to look!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hmm. I wrote a book many years ago, and I Ducke-Ducked-Goed it... first link was an illegal download of it... :sad:
Can get similar on google, but not 1st link. So no duck for me yet.

Top Bottom