Hello everyone from a newbie in the Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Senior67

Retired 67 year old male enjoying my time riding on 30 mile average pace rides on quiet roads in Staffordshire, cake and coffee stop then a leisurely ride back home, I do a couple of sportives as well in a year, planning to do the Tour De Mon this year in August.
After getting my first road bike last year at the age of 66 and going through the learning process of spd pedals and the drawbacks, my first ride with them was on a run where I didn't have to stop until the coffee stop and then in front of everyone forgot to unclip, obvious result much to everyone's mirth.
Really into road cycling now and really look forward to my rides each week.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Welcome to CC,
lots of nice rides out cannock way and cake stops :smile:

OP
OP
S

Senior67

Thanks for welcome, one of my favourite ride is to Fradley junction via Lichfield good quiet country lanes great cafe and an easy 30 miles. I understand Derbyshire has some good runs as well.

OP
OP
S

Senior67

Thanks everyone for welcome, I normally stop at Fradley canal Junction, 2 good cafés there and pub.
Yes clipless pedals have taken me a long time to feel comfortable using them, even now I have to intentionally remind myself to unclip when I stop.

OP
OP
S

Senior67

Welcome, everyone has had a clipless moment.
Thanks for Welcome, I am becoming more use to them now, have changed cleats to ones that are easier to unclip although this has led to unclipping sometimes on the pull stroke of the pedal but overall I am glad I persevered with them.

13 rider

Guru
Welcome from a couple of counties down :welcome:
I occasionally organise cycle chat rides around Market Bosworth area not sure quite how far that would be for you but you would be made welcome

OP
OP
S

Senior67

Welcome from a couple of counties down :welcome:
I occasionally organise cycle chat rides around Market Bosworth area not sure quite how far that would be for you but you would be made welcome
Thank you for the welcome, I used to work for a company in Leicester (Terratruck) until 2007. Thanks for the invite regarding a ride, although not sure I would be able to make it to Market Bosworth as I don't own a car, so I use trains or try to get a lift from someone, but thank you for the offer.

Top Bottom