Hello everyone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Astore

Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm getting back in to cycling and bikes after a long absence; one of the few good things to come out of lockdown :smile: I cycled from about the age of seven, until my early 30s, riding mainly British bikes; Carlton, Viking, Dawes, Saracen and Falcon, and also building my own machines. My all-time favourite was a Cinelli SC, which I found in a second hand shop when I was about 15, that was 1977. A succession of pretty full-on jobs which took me all over the UK, as well as other interests led to the cycling taking a back seat until now.
So, I'm gradually getting back in to the swing of things, now semi-retired, I live in rural West Scotland, so I have some great roads to get back out on and I'm gradually building my stamina back up. My current stable of machines is a 25 year old Raleigh Scorpio that I've owned from new but hardly used, and a mid-80s Concorde Astore, bought as a bit of a project as it had been off the road for over 20 years.
I must admit to preferring older bikes to the current crop of machines, probably because that's what I'm familiar with. If there's anyone in my part of the world who fancies meeting up for a gentle ride, let me know.

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

:welcome:.
I think I read your post about your Scorpio earlier .

OP
OP
Astore

Astore

:welcome:
What Saracen did you have?

This was my Saracen, circa 1984. Apologies for the slightly faded photo. It's a scanned 35mm negative.

OP
OP
Astore

Astore

A couple of pics of my current "fleet". The Concorde is a recent find which I've recommisioned over the Summer, apparently it hadnt turned a wheel in well over 20 years when I bought it. Other than a strip down, clean and re-grease, all it needed was 2 new tyres and tubes. It's a lovely thing to ride.
The Scorpio I've owned from new (1995). It's had a few upgrades along the way; mainly to rid it of the cheap components it left Nottingham with. I'm currently on the lookout for another machine, possibly an Orbit or a Thompson, if I find one, the Scorpio may have to go.

Top Bottom