The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees ,
A wonderful but exhausting afternoon playing with our three year old granddaughter resulted in me sleeping until 7:00 šŸ™‚
Still raining so I might be going for a wade instead of a run. Ex colleague Rang to discuss meeting with a couple of friends for coffee on Friday, weā€™re medium risk here but it seems as though people are a lot more Laisser-faire about things.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. Just a quick report as I am off the early morning Aldi dash.
We have agreed on our own lock down and the only shops I need to visit are a) Aldi at 0745 b) Spar on Wednesday when its always empty. Can't rule out a couple of risks but I will eliminate what I can.
Anyway........
Important news.......
We had no milk so I have just had a black coffee........have to say, I enjoyed it.
Se you later.
@PaulSB Have you looked at the Ribble gravel bikes that allow you to choose all your own components ?

Morning all :smile:

Just reading about one of our own...
376B4E06-C7AE-4053-A1AF-7409FE77AEF7.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning. Blimey, can't you lot get any more depressing? What a bunch of morbid old farts you lot are. :laugh:

Anyhoo. It's not raining here which is good news.

Stay safe folks :hello:

Oh Welshie,
Not raining in Wales? Sending some more your way:

It's raining men! Hallelujah!
It's raining men! Amen!
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet!
It's raining men! Hallelujah!
It's raining men! Every specimen!
Tall, blonde, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean

šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning world. It's a beautiful day, sunny with a gentle breeze, only 6ā°C though. I will be saddling up to meet a buddy at 9.00.

@Dave7 - I did think about the Ribble and have two friends who happily ride one. It wouldn't work for me. I'm very ignorant of the detail on specification and would end up with something which didn't suit me. I'm also very loyal to my LBS and have been visiting them for 20+ years, a friend rather than customer. Two benefits to this:

Excellent service and very good deals. For example I can wander in at any time point out what's wrong, the bike will be put on a work stand and tweaked. I get coffee and leave 15 minutes later having paid only for a cable for example. For my retirement present I was given a Ā£160 saddle!!

The other plus is I've bought many bikes there and everyone has seen my progress through different bikes and as a rider. When I want a new bike we discuss my objectives, I'm given options, I go away, return with more options and slowly we build the right spec.

They also tell me when I'm wrong. I went in suggesting we consider 650b wheels. Asked why I explained. The reasons why I shouldn't were explained. I had other queries and was told "You're over thinking this. Your riding will be 75/25% road/gravel. Nothing extreme." I was putting all the emphasis in gravel while ignoring road.

If I used Ribble the end result would have been a gravel bike capable of hardcore stuff when all I need is towpaths and farm tracks.

pawl

Legendary Member
Any decent ones you can recommend? I quite like to while away the hours playing puzzle games.

Four pics one word

pawl

Legendary Member
Morning all. Just a quick report as I am off the early morning Aldi dash.
We have agreed on our own lock down and the only shops I need to visit are a) Aldi at 0745 b) Spar on Wednesday when its always empty. Can't rule out a couple of risks but I will eliminate what I can.
Anyway........
Important news.......
We had no milk so I have just had a black coffee........have to say, I enjoyed it.
Se you later.
@PaulSB Have you looked at the Ribble gravel bikes that allow you to choose all your own components ?

Always drink my coffee black.Must be why Iā€™m a raving nutter

There coming to take me away ha ha there coming to take me away.:hyper:,:hyper::hyper:

pawl

Legendary Member
Morning. Blimey, can't you lot get any more depressing? What a bunch of morbid old farts you lot are. :laugh:

Anyhoo. It's not raining here which is good news.

Stay safe folks :hello:

This will really cheer you up

where will we be in a hundred years from now.
They wrap you up in a long white shirt .they cover you up in soil and dirt
After youā€™ve been there about a week the blooming coffin begins to leak
The worms crawl in the worms crawl out your brains come dribbling down your snout.j:sad::sad::sad:

Is that what used to be the old municipal course ?? The one they closed when poisonous chemicals were found under the turf :wacko:
That's the one - I can see it from my house in the winter - in the summer the leaves hide it
They have been rebuilding it for several years - they could have re located Everest using less trucks than have been carrying earth to and from that place!!!!
They just better have a good bar and low membership fees for locals when they reopen - don;t care about the course (silly game) but a nice bar in walking distance would be good!!!

The Rover

Guru
Mine would be creamy grey with teal highlights!! Can't find a picture.

I always buy black or grey but this one is just šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

I feel like a stalker @PaulSB .....

this might sound like a familiar tale, I called in last week to see Ian to organise a new winter bike, nothing available, Iā€™ll keep an eye out he says.
He rings me an hour later, just had the Madison rep in, gives me the details of a genesis datum and tells me to call in sat morning.
Not overly blown away by the web images but I called in on sat and leave an hour later having agreed to the datum frame with a 105 group set, alex rims, mudguards, 44cm control tech bars, fabric seat and Schwalbe G-one speed 30mm tubeless tyres.
The groupset isnā€™t available yet but Iā€™m in no rush due to having my collarbone reset and plated next week!!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
This will really cheer you up

where will we be in a hundred years from now.
They wrap you up in a long white shirt .they cover you up in soil and dirt
After youā€™ve been there about a week the blooming coffin begins to leak
The worms crawl in the worms crawl out your brains come dribbling down your snout.j:sad::sad::sad:
Cremation for me and it's paid for all ready :sad:

Top Bottom