Hello Folks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
Well, I bit the bullet so to speak and joined this chat forum, thank you for that.
I used to be a runner up until 2009 when my knees started playing up, I loved running especially 1/2 marathons, 10 milers and 10ks but have been cycling since 1987, when I bought a second hand Motobecane to do a triathlon with. When I packed the running up in 2009 (before it discarded me) I was lucky enough to transfer over to the cycling. I only wished that I had done that years before, however better later than never.
The Motobecane was a great bike but on one of my rides the fork broke and I managed to limp home with the weight on the other fork. That bike could have killed me so it had to go, I could not rely on the frame. I now have a Claude Butler Roubaix and a Vitus Venon for the summer months. Both great bikes for different reasons and with nearly 18000 miles between them since 2010 (Roubaix) and 2015(Venon) I am lucky to enjoy my hobby and passion. Keeps me off the streets !

Slioch

Guru
:welcome:

I'm another one with dodgy knees. Can't run or hillwalk any more, but no problems with cycling.

OP
OP
S

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
:welcome:

I'm another one with dodgy knees. Can't run or hillwalk any more, but no problems with cycling.

I can walk OK and cycle OK but the moment I try to run I get a pain in the knee. Too many years of pounding the roads and to put it into perspective that was with a weight of 10-10 1/4 stone so hardy a heavy weight. Still, I enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

Top Bottom