Hello for beginners from the Bonny land

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Have YOU checked the wheel circumference setting on your speedo? Probably find that in actual fact you are faster than Trollebear ^_^.
........ putting my glasses on to check .....:hyper:

Col5632

Guru
He/She has defo went the wrong way about trying to say what they are trying to say :hyper:

People usually buy the bike they want/can afford and the lighter the bike the easier it is to go further distances and use less effort doing so, that was my thinking behind things anyway :cycle:

Fubar

Guru
An anecdote for you, we decided one day to head out, yes both of us, and join in with a Saturday town cycling team. You could see the look on the faces of those around us........"We use racing machines, he has an old beaten up mountain bike, we are well dressed with £80 shirts, he has his old running shoes on and a baby on board and a home made rain mac over her to keep the cold out, this guy is an idiot. We'll soon lose him." Anyway, long story short, we kept up with them and actually I found them to be a little slow at times. We paced their 18-22 mph no sweat. When we came to a more hilly section, I have to admit that they did leave us behind, not surprising really, and we quietly bowed out. We went home, tail between our legs, and vowed never to show our faces again. However, some weeks later just out of boredom I found myself in a cycle shop and ended up talking to the guy who runs/owns the place. I regaled my tale and he pointed out that he had been one of those people from the Saturday morning cycle team and that he remembered me joining them that day and that everyone had been impressed with our sterling effort given the bike I was on and the fact I was carrying around a spare body. I was flattered that they had thought so highly of our effort that day. My point here then is, if you have all the gear, don't look down on anyone else on a lesser steed THEY MAY SHOW YOU UP, and if you only have a £100 machine from the Halford's Apollo range, don't look longingly at the sparkly bikes of others, IF YOU PEDDLE FAST ENOUGH YOU WILL GO FASTER THAN THEM.

Bit of a contradiction there considering it was you who assumed what they were thinking yet he pointed out they were impressed, so who was actually "looking down on you"?? That's not my experience with cyclists to be honest, I think you imagined something that wasn't there.

Top Bottom