Hello from a Bicycle Victoria member from downunder

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ozrider, 27 Apr 2010.

1. Ozrider

Ozrider New Member

Hi All

I thought I would sign up and see how the other half live.

I'm originally from Edinburgh, my family emigrated to Australia in 1969 and went back to Scotland in the mid 70's. I came back to Australia in 1982. Since then I have only been back a couple of times, the last in 1995.

I have always ridden bikes in one form or another, from riding to school as a kid, commuting from Crewe Toll to Gorgie as an apprentice and taking off at the weekends in Scotland with friends and touring up through Loch Tay and areas camping and getting drunk at the local pubs.:evil: In Oz the distances required to travel to work etc are just to big to commute so most of my riding was just for fitness riding down the local tracks before heading off to work.

After 10 years out of the saddle I got back into it last year, I bought a road bike and succumbed to the Lycra brigade, now I ride for pleasure and fitness.

2. PpPete

PpPete Guru

:wacko:

3. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Can you post some pictures of your local area, bikes, beaches etc? Make sure there are a few sun-kissed blondes in very skimpy lycra thrown in please.

4. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Welcome to CycleChat Ozrider.. nice to see a member of the opposition here..

5. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

welcome from a ex-dandenonger :biggrin:

having driven the great ocean road, i wish i could have cycled it…

6. ACS

ACS Guru

7. OP
    OP
    Ozrider

Ozrider New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

As it happens we rode the Great Ocean Road a few weeks ago as part of the Great Otway Challenge, I've also driven it a hundred times but never noticed all the hills.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/2XU-Great-Ocean-Otway-Classic-Ride

8. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

Welcome, is it easier riding upside down ?:laugh:

9. Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen Ich bin Powerfrau!

Welcome Ozrider - I'm glad to see we're tempting some of you Aussies to look at the Dark Side now and again...

10. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Hallo and welcome ;)

I used to live in Gorgie, by the way you haven't seen a Lazy Fat Git cycling around down there? I think he is somewhere in the Victoria area, although lazyfatgit is actually none of those things...

11. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

Hello and welcome, enjoy the ride, now get stuck in to the forums - see ya in the cafe.

12. bauldbairn

bauldbairn New Member

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums. :rofl:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice