Hello from a Bicycle Victoria member from downunder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ozrider

Hi All

I thought I would sign up and see how the other half live.

I'm originally from Edinburgh, my family emigrated to Australia in 1969 and went back to Scotland in the mid 70's. I came back to Australia in 1982. Since then I have only been back a couple of times, the last in 1995.

I have always ridden bikes in one form or another, from riding to school as a kid, commuting from Crewe Toll to Gorgie as an apprentice and taking off at the weekends in Scotland with friends and touring up through Loch Tay and areas camping and getting drunk at the local pubs.:evil: In Oz the distances required to travel to work etc are just to big to commute so most of my riding was just for fitness riding down the local tracks before heading off to work.

After 10 years out of the saddle I got back into it last year, I bought a road bike and succumbed to the Lycra brigade, now I ride for pleasure and fitness.

PpPete

Legendary Member
:wacko:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Can you post some pictures of your local area, bikes, beaches etc? Make sure there are a few sun-kissed blondes in very skimpy lycra thrown in please.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Welcome Ozrider - I'm glad to see we're tempting some of you Aussies to look at the Dark Side now and again...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome ;)

I used to live in Gorgie, by the way you haven't seen a Lazy Fat Git cycling around down there? I think he is somewhere in the Victoria area, although lazyfatgit is actually none of those things...

Top Bottom