Hello from a Manchester Newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David Bor

Hi Exile and welcome in a very short time you will look back at this post and go I am going faster than further than etc. It may seem a million miles away just now but just wait for that day when you overtake another slower cyclist oh yes my friend it will happen lol. Now the bit that someone must tell you about and well it's your bank account this cycling surely can empty it, should you feel the need to visit your LBC ( local bike shop) leave only enough in your pocket for what you need to buy and do not look at those nice shinny new fast looking bike's or well you have been warned and if you should be married you may need to ask for help with the excuses as to why you needed such and such lol.
Hi Ernie
I'm not sure how to use this post - i've just signed up.
I'm the person who you helped out a couple of weeks ago, because I had two flat tyres and you very kindly went to Tesco and got me a spare. I'm very grateful, which is the reason I'm writing.
I've been away for a couple of weeks and so never got the chance before now to sign up and write this message.
I hope you get it!!!
David

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Ernie
I'm not sure how to use this post - i've just signed up.
I'm the person who you helped out a couple of weeks ago, because I had two flat tyres and you very kindly went to Tesco and got me a spare. I'm very grateful, which is the reason I'm writing.
I've been away for a couple of weeks and so never got the chance before now to sign up and write this message.
I hope you get it!!!
David

Hi David you are most welcome my friend I had wondered if you got home ok and I feel sure that you would most likely do the same for another cyclist who was stuck. oh and welcome to the forum and I am sure there are plenty of members in your part of the world. :thumbsup:

David Bor

Thanks everyone for welcoming me.
Yes I got home ok - cautiously, because I can't pump up tyres properly with those small portable pumps (it was mine not Ern1e's).
Anyway - all properly pumped up now, and back on the bike today around the lakes - Lakeland Loop - great ride.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
should be married you may need to ask for help with the excuses as to why you needed such and such lol.

I can help there as i know what works and what doesn't and what gifts you should supply before you splurge on yourself. I have an OH that spends lots on his bikes and then needs to spend lots on me to get brownie points. Us girls aren't cheap.:girl:

Little does he know .....:laugh:

OP
OP
E

Exile

Thanks again for the warm welcome, all. I'm sure I'll have some questions as time goes on, and I've no doubt you'll be able to answer them.

Hi, a belated welcome from East of Manchester :hello:

Some great rides in and around Manchester, where are you riding from?

I'm not too far from the National Cycling Centre, so I've been riding around the Medlock Valley, along the Rochdale Canal and just generally in the Newton Heath/Clayton/Failsworth areas. I'll probably be looking at some longer rides in the coming months (have my eye on the Calderdale area in particular).

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: to @Exile and @David Bor.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Thanks again for the warm welcome, all. I'm sure I'll have some questions as time goes on, and I've no doubt you'll be able to answer them.

I'm not too far from the National Cycling Centre, so I've been riding around the Medlock Valley, along the Rochdale Canal and just generally in the Newton Heath/Clayton/Failsworth areas. I'll probably be looking at some longer rides in the coming months (have my eye on the Calderdale area in particular).

You're near me mate. Failsworth.

Top Bottom