Hello from a new newbie :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, i'm an amateur cyclist in process of getting my bike and me back on the road. Ive not cycled for over a year but am determined to lessen my reliance on public transport and increase my fitness. I have a 6 year old who is learning to ride without stabilisers, me getting back into action will benefit the both of us.

Mrs M

Guru
Hello :welcome:

OP
OP
A

AmateurCyclist1990

Hello to both.

Im still trying to get my bike back on road. Rear gears needed realigning but due to state of the cable i had to replace it so ive done so, ive set my high limit screw on derailleur, even made sure chain runs smoothly on each sprocket but gears still not responding to shifter!

Im desperate to get my bike up and running but i can not afford to pay someone to do it for me so have been using you tube tutorials to guide me.

Patience running thin now :sad:

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
Ugh, gears. The outer cable sheaths might need replacing, too. This is usually the case if the gear changes to the higher gears, where the cable slackens off, are more troublesome than changing up, which pulls the cable. (The friction caused by the mank/rust in the sheath means the release of the slack doesn't get carried through)

Do keep in mind that the limit screws are only for the maximum top and bottom motion of the derailleur. They shouldn't be changed when you are trying to tune the gears - they're solely to stop the chain jumping off the top or bottom of the sprocket.

Edit: oh yeah, and welcome!

Top Bottom