Hello from a newbie in Surrey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dht240

hi, I have finally joined Cycle Chat! Hello....

I’m relatively new to road cycling having been bought a lovely Liv road bike in August last year. Still getting used to the gear selection and having so many! (I used to cycle everywhere as a kid. My bike only had three gears so I only ever used second...i grew up in a remote area of Perthshire...). The other thing I’m getting used to is close passes by cars/drivers who think it’s ok?!! But, it’s great to be back out cycling (I will master the gears at some point soon!)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome. Enjoy your cycling, anything you might want to know just post.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The other thing I’m getting used to is close passes by cars/drivers who think it’s ok?!! But, it’s great to be back out cycling (I will master the gears at some point soon!)
:welcome: Consider seeing if there are any Bikeability or bike mechanics classes in your area. Your county council's transport department might know. Both will probably help with gears and Bikeability might help with road positioning to discourage (but not prevent) close passes.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Hello. The odd close pass is annoying/scary - it hasn't put me off yet but it does make me consider my route very carefully; especially at rush hour.
Fortunately there are some lovely quiet lanes to enjoy, even in Surrey.

Elysian_Roads

:welcome:

Top Bottom