Hello from Banbury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marthall

Hello from Banbury

A random wander around various cycling related website resulted in me arriving here and joining up.

I started cycling in 09, well actually no that not true. I did cycle when I was at school but somehow at the time a two mile 'commute' in all weathers lost out the moment a car was available and the driving test was passed.

I came back to cycling when health, weight and environmental issues became more important to me, mostly occasional pottering about on a Trek Hardtail. In 09 I decided that an occasional commute to work was practical and put road tyres on the MTB to see if I would do it.

Several months later I'd proved to myself that it wasn't an overnight enthusiasm and after much dithering purchased myself a Boardman Comp road bike.

Since then my enthusiasm and mileage have grown, I've found myself commuting to work (30 mile round trip) more frequently, joined the local cycling club and even put knobbly tyres back on the MTB with the intention of using them occasionally.

Next I need to improve my competence maintaining my bikes, so I am now off to the Know How board with my first question.

Regards

Martin

Welcome Martin - no cock horses for you then. Enjoy your riding! :smile:

Top Bottom