Hello from Basingstoke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StewartR

Hi folks,

Just checking in here to say hi. I'm a 41 year old born again cyclist. The bike is a Diamondback Peak with some cheap and cheerful touring accessories which, theoretically, will be upgraded as and when they wear out/fail/annoy me. I went for the hardtail as I wanted something that would give me a compromise for road and byway riding. Being a Basingstoke boy means I'm in striking distance of the downs, New Forest and ferries at Portsmouth so have quite a large and varied playground. The only problem so far is that the gearing is too low so that'll need sorting sooner rather than later.

Tomorrow..er, today (late isn't it!) sees me off on the shakedown trip. 20 miles up the road to a local campsite to see what falls off or breaks. Hopefully it'll be smooth because the last thing that fell off was me and the last thing that broke was my ribs (sympathy please!!).

Well, wish me luck and, all being well and good, I'll sign back in a couple of days down the line with few pics, and some positive words on my choice of kit and campsite.

Cheers,

Stewart.

Good luck Stewart!
Welcome to the forum - you're not 'born again' really...just recycled! Have fun.

Top Bottom