Hello from Billericay, Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just starting out and hopefully recovering my fitness - carrying too many pounds on 43 year old arthritic knees.

Have recently been trawling this forum (and others) looking for advice on shot knees and the impact of road cycling.
Having seen some encouraging articles I decided to jump on my Halfords 15 year old (and it was cheap then) mountain bike.
Pleased to say that the knees came through after a couple of rides, even though it highlighted how unfit I was.

That was 2 weeks ago.
Took delivery of my Spesh Secteur today and after following one of the routes taken on my mountain bike was blown away.
Hooked after 1 day and looking forward to shedding a few pounds and making new friends at my local road cycling club once stamina and confidence has improved.

Have warned wife to expect to see me clad in some fetching Lycra garments soon.

I guess when I'm not out on the road I'll be on here picking up advice to further my enjoyment of what will be a great past time.

There's life in my knees yet!

huttster

STOP!Hammer time!:hello: Hello Hammer,i'm from Essex too,Southend to be precise,your wife will soon get used to the lycra,just expect the odd mick mcmanus joke if you get some Bibshorts :thumbsup:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hello
wave.gif

C

chillyuk

Hi Hammer, welcome to the group.

I will be in Billericay next weekend for the Orchid Ride Essex ride.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Hello from Brentwood. Might be round your wya at lunch, planning a ride out to Billy and back vie Little Burstead.

Top Bottom