Hello from Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonredhornet

Hey,

I'm Jon and have been a cyclist for <slow mental calculation> 20 years! :troll:

I currently commute to and from work which adds up to about 60 miles per week, then pop out on the weekend for a 20 miler or maybe a bit of offroad. Any more than 20 miles and I start to get bored!

I know CC'ers already from YouTube, and look forward to chatting with the rest of you.

OP
OP
J

jonredhornet

Hi Paul,

I used to ride into the town centre (Aston) everyday from Yardley, but we moved offices in March 2007 and I end up in Erdington now. I use a Giant SCR2 to commute on. Is my route anywhere near yours?

nigelnorris

Hi, another one here. Moseley out to Alum Rock is my commute, only a little one. Do most of my leisure riding to the south, round and about Earlswood, Henley-in-Arden, Kings Norton, down to Stratford when I'm feeling strong and have time. Fairly limited range atm because I'm still quite new to it but have got some more routes planned.

OP
OP
J

jonredhornet

Hi Nigel,

Your leisure rides are similar to mine by the sounds. I rode to Earlswood lakes only last Saturday. I've always lived in the south of Brum so I've always cycled around Hampton in Arden, Catherine de Barnes, Henley in Arden and like you sometimes venture to Stratford.

nigelnorris

Well keep an eye out jon, if you see a random fat bloke [actually though I say it myself I'm a lot less fat then a few months ago] puffing and panting up a hill round and abouts there on a brown Spesh Tricross, give me a nod. Sometimes I need all the help I can get :wacko:

Cheltenham is another nice ride.
Cheltenahm?!?! That's, laik, 50 miles each way! I'll dream on for a bit.

Actually I signed up for the Stratford 100 this week which kind of passes that way so maybe sooner than I think.

caz

jonredhornet said:
Hi Nigel,

Your leisure rides are similar to mine by the sounds. I rode to Earlswood lakes only last Saturday. I've always lived in the south of Brum so I've always cycled around Hampton in Arden, Catherine de Barnes, Henley in Arden and like you sometimes venture to Stratford.

Welcome Jon! I frequently ride via Earlswood Lakes, so if you or Nigel (or anyone else for that matter) see me say "hello". I'm the one wearing the CC jersey!

nigelnorris

Yep I'm up for an outing. Here's my typical evening route:

31670754.jpg

Pleased to say I'll be expanding it soon, for once tonight I got to the end and was wondering whether to go back and try again ;)

Top Bottom