Hello from bontyboy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello cycle chat land.

Bontyboy here, 45yr old ( how did that happen??!!!!!) retro grouch based in north east Scotland, Aberdeenshire.

As a younger less grumpy person I specifically considered myself a mountain biker, however as the years have advanced I now consider myself a cyclist, albeit one who still loves some chunky tyre and mud action!!!!!!! But who also loves long road runs on my on-one pompetamine SS 44:15 ratio!!!!!!

My bikes are either steel or titanium, with the minimum of gears & absolutely no suspension.

Think that's enough to be going on with.

Cheers fur noo

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Bontyboy!
Wee bit chilly out there, eh?
Got snow yet? :hello:

Herbie

Veteran
Hello cycle chat land.

Bontyboy here, 45yr old ( how did that happen??!!!!!) retro grouch based in north east Scotland, Aberdeenshire.

As a younger less grumpy person I specifically considered myself a mountain biker, however as the years have advanced I now consider myself a cyclist, albeit one who still loves some chunky tyre and mud action!!!!!!! But who also loves long road runs on my on-one pompetamine SS 44:15 ratio!!!!!!

My bikes are either steel or titanium, with the minimum of gears & absolutely no suspension.

Think that's enough to be going on with.

Cheers fur noo

See Bontyboy ah telt ye they're an ok bunch on here :bicycle:

OP
OP
Bontyboy

Bontyboy

Regular
Thank you all for such a cracking welcome. Some interesting discussion threads, especially the epo lance stuff. Having read David millers & Tyler Hamilton's brutally honest accounts of the peloton & the omertà as well as various retrospectively released journalistic compilations, I think he's a liar, pure & simple. I realise that the matter is not as black & white as that but the evidence against him is overwhelming & undeniable & to insist that he did not dope is doing no one any favours, least of all the livestrong foundation & in my opinion that is unforgivable.

Ok, that's my rant for the day.

Later folks

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi from me too... :thumbsup:

Herbie

Veteran
Thank you all for such a cracking welcome. Some interesting discussion threads, especially the epo lance stuff. Having read David millers & Tyler Hamilton's brutally honest accounts of the peloton & the omertà as well as various retrospectively released journalistic compilations, I think he's a liar, pure & simple. I realise that the matter is not as black & white as that but the evidence against him is overwhelming & undeniable & to insist that he did not dope is doing no one any favours, least of all the livestrong foundation & in my opinion that is unforgivable.

Ok, that's my rant for the day.

Later folks

biggest sporting fraud in the history of sport? methinks

OP
OP
Bontyboy

Bontyboy

Regular
Things have been so icy up here in "furry boot town" I've been riding schwable spiked ice tyres, which have proved a complete revelation!!!!!!! They make a really cool rice crispies sound as they roll!!!!!!! But dig in, jeezo I can cycle across sheet ice with relative confidence (still early days!!) on last nights commute home along unlit & untreated country roads I stopped to do a bit of stargazing, beautiful cold clear night, as soon as I unclipped & tried to put my foot down it shot off on the icy road surface, the schwables had not even hinted that things were even remotely icy or skiddy!!!!! They really are that good, I'm now a convert & consider them an investment that with proper care should last a number of winters, which makes the price of them a wee bit easier to swallow, although a cheaper option I've seen @ the strathpuffer is chicken wire zip tied to yer tyres!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom