Hello from Bosrebel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bosrebel

Regular
Hey Everyone, just wanted to say Hi... i'm new here and quite new to cycling, havent really been on a bike since being a young girl (thats quite a few years ago!) i recently bought a road bike and i already have a hybrid, i really enjoy cycling again, i did it purely for exercise really (just reached 4 stone weight loss) and the cycling has really helped get there!! so now its become more than just exercise, i hope to take part in some long distance rides..be nice to chat with everyone here :smile:

colly

Re member eR
Hi Bosrebel,

:welcome: Nice to have you along.

What sort of rides do you do now?

OP
OP
Bosrebel

Bosrebel

Regular
Hi, i just ride my bike round near where i live, and i usually go about 10 miles... :smile: i've started to put the bike in the car and go further afield...its good to ride somewhere new!! ive just bought cycling shoes and pedals too, its very exciting!

colly

Re member eR
Hi, i just ride my bike round near where i live, and i usually go about 10 miles... :smile: i've started to put the bike in the car and go further afield...its good to ride somewhere new!! ive just bought cycling shoes and pedals too, its very exciting!

That's it, there is no hope for you now, you are hooked and there is no way back. :biggrin:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hello
wave.gif

OP
OP
Bosrebel

Bosrebel

Regular
Hi Bosrebel

Wow! 4 stone that's brilliant. Hope for me yet then.

Paul :hello:

Hi Paul..goodness yes!! I just wish i had got into cycling earlier..then it wouldnt have taken so long to lose it. Am trying to still shift one more stone..its changed my life. good luck!! :smile:

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
i did it purely for exercise really (just reached 4 stone weight loss) and the cycling has really helped get there!!

Hi again Bosrebel

sorry but I've been thinking about your weight loss quite a bit today. It's brilliant. Can I ask how long you took to lose it and how often you cycled to do it?

It's certainly given me inspiration to get out again.

Paul :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bosrebel

Bosrebel

Regular
Hey Paul, I have been cycling every other day, and usually did about 30 mins (i didnt pay any attention to distance), but now i am doing about 10 miles every other day and i am trying to beat my time each time i go. I have lost 2 stone in the last 12 months...which is quite slow, but its better to lose it slowly, i havent gained any of it (unless i've been on holiday and filled my face with cake) lol.. i've also been calorie counting (1500) a day, but you would have more seeing as you are male! i wouldnt stop cycling now, even when i reach my goal weight i will keep cycling! :smile:

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
Thanks Bosrebel.

Hopefully I can do something similar. I do tend to lose interest in things quite quickly if I don't see results but I'd be more than happy with 2 stone per year. I'm not terrifically overweight but having just turned 49 you start to feel your mortality so I need to shed some weight.

Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration to us all.

Paul :thumbsup:

WychwoodTrev

Hi ya and welcome Bosrebel. Congrats on the weight loss sounds like a similar story to my own, I started back cycling to lose weight and get fitterbut am now addicted to cycling. I have lost 3 stone with about 1 or 2 stone to go. Good luck and keep up the good work. What part of our wonderfull country do you live ?

eltelio

Hi Bosrobel,
wow, and well done. Now theres the inspiration i've been looking for. Happy biking..
Hey Everyone, just wanted to say Hi... i'm new here and quite new to cycling, havent really been on a bike since being a young girl (thats quite a few years ago!) i recently bought a road bike and i already have a hybrid, i really enjoy cycling again, i did it purely for exercise really (just reached 4 stone weight loss) and the cycling has really helped get there!! so now its become more than just exercise, i hope to take part in some long distance rides..be nice to chat with everyone here :smile:

OP
OP
Bosrebel

Bosrebel

Regular
Hi ya and welcome Bosrebel. Congrats on the weight loss sounds like a similar story to my own, I started back cycling to lose weight and get fitterbut am now addicted to cycling. I have lost 3 stone with about 1 or 2 stone to go. Good luck and keep up the good work. What part of our wonderfull country do you live ?

wow, well done on your weight loss too!!

I'm from sunny Dorset.. where is everyone else from

Good luck Paul..! perhaps it might help if you take before and after pictures..now i look back and think Jeez!! and the pleasure of buying newer, smaller clothes is lovely!! LOL calories counting is a pain at first until you get used to it, because i've tried every diet weight watchers, slimming world etc etc...but calorie counting is the only, thing that has worked for me, because i dont feel deprived of food.. i eat what i want, but you have to count the calories and you soon learn to make healthy choices or be hungry! i still eat cake and chocolate...but in moderation :smile: :smile:

Top Bottom