Hello from Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JBP

Hi all, I'm Jack. A student (but not for much longer) in Brighton. Just got a cheap old mountain bike out of the local rag and been for a 3 mile ride round the town, my first time on a bike since secondary school (2006), and I'm really looking forward to going out more and building the distance up.

There are so many cyclists in Brighton, I'm sure there are more on here so come on, make yourselves known!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome: to CC

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
welcome to the forum. I often ride to from and in Brighton as I have family down there. Also from time to time I fall in with a bunch of reprobates called FNRttC (google it or search in this forum) and seem to end up taking breakfast on Brighton seafront.

Loads of pre-owned bikes in Brighton not all of which have parted gracefully from their owners; so do take care when buying.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hijack!
a student in Brighton, with a bike, life doesn't get much better!

The Downs aren't far if you feel like a bit of adventure but as TMN sys, the seafront path is a great resource.

Worthing one way to Peacehaven the other with hardly a car in sight. The undercliff path from behind the Marina to Saltdean is a particularly nice route within spitting distance of the sea.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
We've seen some sights on that seafront too, eh rich - remember the time you took to recumbent riding like a duck to ...er :smile:

gallery_3629_9_11477.jpg

Welcome JBP btw!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Buggeration Ed!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea that evidence existed - how much for the negs?:ohmy:

In my defence, I was three sheets to the wind!:blush: :blush:

OP
OP
J

JBP

Worthing one way to Peacehaven the other with hardly a car in sight. The undercliff path from behind the Marina to Saltdean is a particularly nice route within spitting distance of the sea.

Such a thing exists? I had no idea! I must try it out some day.

The cheap old thing I got from an older couple in Peacehaven, who didn't seem like the thieving types. Although it only has 2 working gears at the moment and there's a lot of travel in the front brake so it might be time for a service. Any cheap recommendations?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
DIY with help and support here
or
Sydney Street Cycles
ime

Much better to give a man a fishing rod than a fish though...

There are a few helpful enthusiast spanner monkeys in Brighton who post on the Brighton bit of http://www.lfgss.com/ but I don't know if they 'do' geared bikes!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't know where you're living but the cheapest place with a good reputation is Webbs Cycles, Boundary Rd, Hove

webbs

Apart from them the best ones are Rayments, Baker Street Bikes and Freedom bikes

Top Bottom