Hello from Canada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joconn

Über Member
Joined the forum a few days ago and just now getting around to checking in. This is the best cycling forum I have found and am enjoying it greatly. Posters here have a refreshingly raw sense of humour that is not found on this side. My town, Saint John, New Brunswick, is not all that bike friendly being quite hilly and no bike paths to speak of. We also have our share of dim-witted, inconsiderate redneck motorists to contend with as well. My ride is a heavy old mtb which I hope to someday replace with a Giant Rapid. All for now.
Cheers, Joe.

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi joconn welcome to the forum ...we are very friendly bunch most of the time...:biggrin:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Welcome Joconn.

Tell about yourself. What sort of cycling do you do? What you perching on at the moment?

OP
OP
J

joconn

Über Member
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Well, I am retired and a tad past sixty five. I`ve had this old Minelli mtb for about ten years now. This year I`ve gotten more serious about riding and keeping fit so been pounding the hills around town almost daily for the past month or so. I am not a bush basher but stick to roads and paths. Due to the terrain, cycling in this town consists mainly of hard leg work-outs rather than cardio. I quit smoking last December and my weight shot up so I had extra incentive to get on the bike. Weight is coming down and I don`t miss the cigs. Problem is, biking not real popular in Saint John so I mostly ride alone. I like my porridge in the morning and a beer in the evening.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Hi joconn, welcome by way of the left coast.

Mostly a nice bunch here and you'll find some tasty wheat amongst the chaff -- this is, after all, an opinion forum! -- however you'll never go wrong listening to me.;)

You'll find those "rednecks" in any part of Canada and the world at large. Research has shown that sitting behind the wheel of a car excites the most aggressive, prehistoric part of the brain stem.

By contrast, cycling puts one in touch with the love vibe .... ha, ha!

At least, it makes one a better lover.

Enjoy!

HelenD123

Guru
Welcome. I'm currently cycling across Canada and can atest to the hills in New Brunswick! My legs got quite a work out. Keep up the cycling.

OP
OP
J

joconn

Über Member
Thanks for the welcome, folks. Hope you enjoyed Prince Edward Island HelenD. That is my home province. Often wish I were back there. Biking would be so much easier.

gavintc

Guru
I spent 2 happy years in Ontario and one of my regrets is not getting to PEI or NB. I got to most other provinces - perhaps next time.

OP
OP
J

joconn

Über Member
Thanks bauldbairn. I do wish the cycling community here was as large and tight knit as in the UK. You seem to have a wonderfully scenic countryside to explore with so many towns and villages close together. Not to mention the quiet country roads and lanes. Canada is just too darned big and the towns too far apart.

Top Bottom