Hello from Coventry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

openthedoor

Purchased a new bike yesterday which is raleigh strada 2 commuter.

Tried to cycle a long time ago with MTB but it didn't bode well.

I want to get fit and also enjoy the out doors.

My worries:
- Bike is arriving unassembled
- What accessories should I get and where from at a cheap/reasonable price?

Thanks all

Knightly85

As a begginer I got most of my stuff from Amazon, don't want to spend to much at the moment. And it gets delivered to your door, there is plenty of cycling things on there.

Edit - Make sure you get some padded shorts.

OP
OP
O

openthedoor

As a begginer I got most of my stuff from Amazon, don't want to spend to much at the moment. And it gets delivered to your door, there is plenty of cycling things on there.

Edit - Make sure you get some padded shorts.

I'm hoping to get:
- Mudguards
- Bottle holder
- Phone holder
- Lights

Amazon seems expensive compared to decathlon?

Knightly85

Ive been cycling 9 days now here is a list of things I have bought.

Padded shorts
Cycling jacket
Cycling trousers
Cycling shirt
Bike lock
Drink holder
Drink container
Saddle bag
Phone holder
Downloaded a cycle app (mapmyride)
Helmet
Gloves
Puncher repair kit
Pump
Bike cover (storing outside)

OP
OP
O

openthedoor

Ive been cycling 9 days now here is a list of things I have bought.

Padded shorts
Cycling jacket
Cycling trousers
Cycling shirt
Bike lock
Drink holder
Drink container
Saddle bag
Phone holder
Downloaded a cycle app (mapmyride)
Helmet
Gloves
Puncher repair kit
Pump
Bike cover (storing outside)

Where did you get all of these from?

There could be a long list of essentials to buy. I would certainly start with spare inner tubes and a pump. A lot will depend how far you will cycle. Is it for commuting or recreation/fitness or both ? If for commuting, then keep a spare tube at work too. A small multi tool may also come in handy. Drinks bottle and cage as well. I am sure others will add things.

OP
OP
O

openthedoor

There could be a long list of essentials to buy. I would certainly start with spare inner tubes and a pump. A lot will depend how far you will cycle. Is it for commuting or recreation/fitness or both ? If for commuting, then keep a spare tube at work too. A small multi tool may also come in handy. Drinks bottle and cage as well. I am sure others will add things.

It will be just for fitness/leisure a few time a week.

Where are these best sourced from? My bike has:
650B Alloy rim, 36h, RSP alloy hub with QR

It will be just for fitness/leisure a few time a week.

Where are these best sourced from? My bike has:
650B Alloy rim, 36h, RSP alloy hub with QR

For the inner tubes you need to know what the actual tyres are fitted. The first part will be 650B followed by perhaps 38/42. I looked at the spec of the bike and it said 650B x42 and with a Presta valve (not car type (scheider). Usual ports of call would be perhaps Wiggle or countless other on line shops or ebay or Amazon.

OP
OP
O

openthedoor

For the inner tubes you need to know what the actual tyres are fitted. The first part will be 650B followed by perhaps 38/42. I looked at the spec of the bike and it said 650B x42 and with a Presta valve (not car type (scheider). Usual ports of call would be perhaps Wiggle or countless other on line shops or ebay or Amazon.
Looks like the tyres are tubeless?

The 42mm wide tubeless ready tyres have a multi surface tread with a compact centre line designed for road use and a low profile textured tyre shoulder suitable for light off road riding on compact ground.

Would this item work then?

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Continental-Presta-Valve-Inner-Tube/dp/B00G8QH7UG/ref=nav_signin?crid=2KY0FAH4TXZ77&dchild=1&keywords=650b%2Bx%2B42&qid=1588520501&s=sports&sprefix=650b%2Csports%2C145&sr=1-2&th=1&psc=1

I guess they would. The valve length is 42mm I note so as long as your rims are not too deep they would be OK. Amazon say they are out of stock on that page anyway. I have just looked at a photo of the bike and the rims look pretty deep so maybe 42mm is not long enough. Maybe better to wait until you have the bike and measure the valve length to be sure.

Top Bottom