Hello From Doncaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beardo

Hello I am from Docaster and I am looking for potentially some cycling buddies, I know Doncaster isn't the prettiest of places but hey it's flat. I am what I would call a casual cyclist, I am not super fit and I don't have all the gear or a carbon bike - I just like to cycle casually to places at a casual pace. I have a dahon matrix and I am looking to get something similar that doesn't fold to run around on. In april I am going to cycle to cleethorpes on my dahon just for fun. I suppose I could cycle the other way towards somewhere nicer like the yorkshire dales but it's flat all the way to cleethorpes and there is something liberating about reaching the sea even if it is higly polluted brown horrible seas that I will be reaching.

I have created a facebook page called Doncaster to Cleehtorpes on a Bicycle and invite anyone to join that page if you're interested in joining me for a casual bike ride to cleethorpes sometime in April.

Doncaster to Cleethorpes on a Bicycle

IMG_0659.jpg
My Beautiful Dahon

OP
OP
B

Beardo

Awesome friendly forum.... thanks for making me feel uber welcome and all the replies were very over whelming.

ACS

Legendary Member
Despite what you may think YOU are very welcome. Maybe the folks around Donny haven't caught up with your thread yet.

Bought my first bike from Bob Reid Cycles (now long gone I suppose) in Doncaster. Great shop. I had know idea what I wanted (moving from running to Triathlon, 1980's) went in said I wanted a road bike and this big voice bounced around the shop, aye lad, this is what you need and he showed me a second hand Koga Miyata Road Winner S. Several other bodies appeared, all dressed in cycling clobber muttered approval and next thing I know I was time training out Rossington way.

:welcome: :bicycle:

ricbak

hi live edlington when going april did doncaster to brighton last year a mile to far
Hello I am from Docaster and I am looking for potentially some cycling buddies, I know Doncaster isn't the prettiest of places but hey it's flat. I am what I would call a casual cyclist, I am not super fit and I don't have all the gear or a carbon bike - I just like to cycle casually to places at a casual pace. I have a dahon matrix and I am looking to get something similar that doesn't fold to run around on. In april I am going to cycle to cleethorpes on my dahon just for fun. I suppose I could cycle the other way towards somewhere nicer like the yorkshire dales but it's flat all the way to cleethorpes and there is something liberating about reaching the sea even if it is higly polluted brown horrible seas that I will be reaching.

I have created a facebook page called Doncaster to Cleehtorpes on a Bicycle and invite anyone to join that page if you're interested in joining me for a casual bike ride to cleethorpes sometime in April.

Doncaster to Cleethorpes on a Bicycle

[attachment=2476:blush:MG_0659.jpg]
My Beautiful Dahon

Top Bottom