Hello from Dorset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zandranna

I wanted to introduce myself before I took a good long look around your forums here. I have a lot of catching up to do.

I only took up cycling just before I retired, ready for my retirement and my new life I had been planning for the previous 5 years.

Suffering from a touch of arthritis here and there and not able to walk the distances I used to, I had the choice of buying a mobility scooter or a tricycle. 2 wheels was out of the question due to balancing issues occasionally from an inner ear disease, and I am far too young still to want, or need a mobility scooter. I also have a small dog that required a safe way to travel with me, and a tricycle is ideal for having a comfortable pet carrier on the back. I therefore am the proud owner of a Mission Trike.

My tricycle is my only mode of transport to get me from A to B, to shop with, visit family, and for just pure fun.

Although I have owned a trike for a couple of years, up until February this year it had been tucked away in a garage for many months after I was stupid enough to break a couple of ribs. By the time I felt well enough to start cycling again the rotten winter we have just had, had set in and I really didn't feel like breaking out the bike again until the warmer weather came. I have since the end of February started building up my cycling strength again, and I can tell you I was as weak as water when I first put my behind on the saddle this year.

I still haven't done any very long rides yet. The longest being a 9 mile round trip, but I do use my trike every day at some point and eventually I would like at least to build up to be able to do a 25 mile round trip without shattering myself.

I'm off now to have a read.

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm sure that with time the distances will get longer but using the trike on a daily basis for getting around is a good way to build up your stamina. Hope you also enjoy being a part of the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Zandranna

Zandranna

Thank you for the welcome. As for the hills, in my immediate area it's pretty flat as I am right on the coast and on the border with Hampshire. Although what most cyclists would call slopes do feel like hills to me at this point, lol.

I'm looking forward to slotting in here and getting to know you.

Top Bottom