Hello from East Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

howdenbiker

Hi all,

I joined in December but do not think I said hello!
Started cycling again in September 2014 mainly to get fitter and lose weight, both successfully and now have the bug!
Started with my old mountain bike but that was sold quickly and I bought a Forme Calver CX I ride to work along road and dirt track so it was ideal.
Played on Ebay a bit and ended up with a 1980's Rossin steel frame race bike, it has full Chorus gearing and a 1993 Raleigh Dyna-tech it has titanium tubing mixed with steel.

Now looking for a new summer road bike, see other post on Merida.........

13 rider

Guru
Hi and welcome I also starting riding again in sept after 20 plus and loving it .I picked up loads of tips on here and you get plenty of encouragement.

Slioch

Guru
Hi and welcome :welcome:

I ride through Howden quite regularly - I love the big skies and quiet lanes north of the Humber round there. Do you ever stop and use the brew-up facilities in the church hall in Blacktoft?

OP
OP
howdenbiker

howdenbiker

I've ridden past a few times, I ride out from Howden to Newbald to do some hills down the drop into Brantingham then back along the sustrans route the goes through Blacktoft, I will try it out next time I go.
Was a bit windy for a long trip this weekend.

Do you use The Cheese Shop, lots of cyclists stop there.

Slioch

Guru
I've not used The Cheese Shop yet although I've heard good things about it. On my bike I've usually got saddlebag, lights, pump, computer etc, and it's just too much of a faff to take everything off for a coffee stop in a busy place.
Blacktoft only has powdered milk though, so may not be to everyone's taste, but is fine for me as it's all about getting a caffeine fix!

OP
OP
howdenbiker

howdenbiker

Seeing cyclists going past my house is one of the things that got me back on a bike.

OP
OP
howdenbiker

howdenbiker

Not sure of the name Shaun, it starts on the road from Riplingham, 11% at the start and down through woods. I've not tried going up yet, perhaps when I get my new ride.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi from another East Yorkshire resident. I've been known to frequent the cheese shop now & again :thumbsup: The last time was August, when cycling through to Bradford & got a rather funny look when ordering coffee & chocolate cake at 9am :blush:

animated-smileys-greetings-012.gif

Top Bottom