Hello from Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Veloscot

Über Member
Hi all

This is a great forum, I wish I had found out about this before. Lots of good help and advice from fellow riders.

I live on the East side of Edinburgh. I've been cycling for over fifteen years; initially mountain biking then transitioned to road and joined a club up north where I used to live in Aberdeenshire. Moved to Edinburgh 8 years ago, got a bit out of shape, joined a club down here but found they were all way too fast for me and I'm only getting older. Joined CTC rides which are really fun but the pace is much too slow. Always looking to meet up with riders who aren't race-heads but enjoy keeping fit doing fairly spritely rides between 15-17mph avg speed. Distance anything up to 160km. I've completed a few sportives this year. I also still do some mountain biking. All of my mates have buggered off to other parts of the UK so again, I'm looking for offroad cycling buddies. I regularly go to Glentress and other 7Stanes MTB centres. It'd be good to hear from anyone up my neck of the woods!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome:

OP
OP
Veloscot

Veloscot

Über Member
Hiya :welcome:, check out the CC Ecosse rides in the Informal rides section, you can go whatever pace you are comfortable with on these rides, its more about the banter.

Will do. Sounds like my kind of ride! Cheers for the advice.

Fattman

Wotcher! Sounds like a perfect approach to riding, would love to ride out but am, unfortunately, the wrong end of the UK! Am envious of living in Edinburgh (though maybe not at the height of the Tourist Season?) - great city.

Good luck!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm in Trinity and frequently ride out to Dalmeny, then either over FRB to Cleish/Kinross or along to Liligow/W Lothian wander.

Company would be good :thumbsup:. I usually average 23kph (14mph) - so you can have lots of rests or cake stops :hungry:.

We've probably passed each other already .... I'm on a grey Condor Fratell

I have also done a few audax rides and there are some cracking ones around these parts. The 3 Glens Explorer 160km is a good one; start/finish in Linlithgow: FRB, Milnathort, Dunning, Auchterarder, .... Bridge of Earn .... somewhere else and Linlithgow.

Recommended

OP
OP
Veloscot

Veloscot

Über Member
I've been planning to do a ride o'er the other side of the Forth for quite a while. Be nice to follow the coast up to St Andrews and back via minor roads. Need to plan a route. Thought about driving round the bypass and starting the ride from South Queensferry. The 14mph avg pace and cake stops sounds very sensible!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I've been planning to do a ride o'er the other side of the Forth for quite a while. Be nice to follow the coast up to St Andrews and back via minor roads. Need to plan a route. Thought about driving round the bypass and starting the ride from South Queensferry. The 14mph avg pace and cake stops sounds very sensible!

There is a route description and map of the annual Edinburgh - St Andrews ride here, if that is any use.

Top Bottom