Hello from Edinburgh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well near Edinburgh anyway
laugh.gif
20 miles away from it.

I'm hoping to buy my first road bike soon and hopefully I'll learn a lot from you guys on here. The help I have had already as been great. Hopefully I'm here to stay haha.
biggrin.gif

aberal

Guru
Welcome to CC. Quite a few people here from Edinburgh and around. Keep a look out for CC Ecosse outings.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:hello: Welcome (from Edinburgh)! Where are you - give us a clue ... N, S, E, W? Edit - East Lothian has just appeared under your name, I am sure it was not there when I looked a minute ago ;-)

There is a CC Ecosse ride in the planning for next weekend, it's just not called CC Ecosse - see "Round the Forth ride" in Informal & CC rides ...

T

fimm

Veteran
East Lothian is perfect cycling country! I'd cycle there more, but I'm to the west of Edinburgh city centre so getting out of the city takes a while.

aberal

Guru
East Lothian is perfect cycling country!

+1 to that. Some lovely countryside with a huge variation of landscapes from the farmland by the coast to the wilder, hillier stuff to the south and some wonderful villages to whizz through. Not that I whizz.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
+1 to that. Some lovely countryside with a huge variation of landscapes from the farmland by the coast to the wilder, hillier stuff to the south and some wonderful villages to whizz through. Not that I whizz.

But you don't wheeze either :tongue:

+1 on East Lothian

T

OP
OP
Boydie

Boydie

Regular
I'll have a look at CC Ecosse outings; but I still need to buy a road bike haha. ( So much choice to pick from! ) Plus you guy's are right; East Lothian is a great wee place for cycling, I see so many cyclists on the country roads it's unbelievable, especially when I'm learning to drive
biggrin.gif
. I live in Haddington, so it's basically right in the middle of East Lothian.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
You are "allowed" ;) to join CC Ecosse rides on non-road bikes, too! I only have one bike, and it happens to be a hybrid. And since nobody has mentioned it yet, our motto is "nobody gets left behind". :thumbsup:

T

OP
OP
Boydie

Boydie

Regular
Good to hear T! But honestly I couldn't do 40 miles on my mountain bike; it's a monster!
biggrin.gif
It's a heftily beast haha. If I get a road bike on time; with all the right gear, I'll do it!
cool.gif

OP
OP
Boydie

Boydie

Regular
Cheers for the welcome!
biggrin.gif

East Lothian is almost perfect for cycling and seems to be blessed with dryer weather, the only negative is its not got a camera safety partnership (no speed cameras) so neds head there to speed.

If you keep away from Tranent you should be fine, it's ned heaven there.
wink.gif

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome :biggrin:

Good to hear T! But honestly I couldn't do 40 miles on my mountain bike; it's a monster!
biggrin.gif
It's a heftily beast haha. If I get a road bike on time; with all the right gear, I'll do it!
cool.gif

Och, all you need to do is change the tyres to slicks and you'll be fine... ;)

Top Bottom