Hello from Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Goldcoast

Goldcoast

Clacton on sea, just along the coast (well 15 miles along lol)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome. The London to Brighton is great fun but you really don't need to be terribly fit to do it, you just take it at your own pace.

Regarxing new bikes you will find that there isn' t very much to choose between them, you won't buy a bad one. Most are made by Giant anyway who are the largest manufacturer. Just make sure you get the correct size. Good luck.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome:. I see you've considered the forum's current favourite starter bike the Triban 3. Just a thought - it's a triple, making those long slogs up Ditchling Beacon sized hills easier.;)

nickg

Über Member
Hello from another Essex member. I'm in Colchester so not that far. Good luck on getting the new bike.

OP
OP
Goldcoast

Goldcoast

Hi Nick, was over in Colchester town last week hoping to check out some bikes in the shop by the station but it seems like they have closed down :sad:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I am based between Colchester and Manningtree but do a fair few miles (25+ per day) so often head out Harwich way. You may have seen me - the lady on the recumbent tricycle! Nickg, I go through Colchester every other day so I imagine you might have seen me before now.

Top Bottom