Hello from Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucegill

Regular
Hi there

Started cycling this time last year and not looked back :smile:

old MTB (since sold), then onto a Genesis CDF (since sold and very much missed), now a Kinesis 4SD and a lovely Ron Cooper race bike in 853 from mid 90's.

Looking for info on sizing and geometry as I'm currently at a loss as to what size I should really be on... Thought it was time to join a forum!

Cheers
Bruce

Lonestar

Veteran
:welcome:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Hi brucegill, :bicycle:welcome to the wonderful world of cyclechat you've found some of the most helpful and friendly people around.
As it happens your wish for hard and fast info on bike size etc. is what l am after as well :cuppa:

OP
OP
brucegill

brucegill

Regular
thanks @woodbutcher, looks like a nice place :smile:
Yes, bike sizes is beyond me. I honestly shouldn't fit on my racer, it's a 57cm frame and I'm only 5'10" with a 32" inside leg. But, it feels better than the other bike that was supposedly (so the shop says) my size in a 54cm:wacko:

woodbutcher

Veteran
thanks @woodbutcher, looks like a nice place :smile:
Yes, bike sizes is beyond me. I honestly shouldn't fit on my racer, it's a 57cm frame and I'm only 5'10" with a 32" inside leg. But, it feels better than the other bike that was supposedly (so the shop says) my size in a 54cm:wacko:
I can't believe they recommended 54cm (is that cc ?) Im a bit smaller than you and l have a Faggin which is 56 cm centre to centre and its my most comfortable bike. l think the top tube measure is just as important, the Faggin is 55cm. which is comfortable for me.

OP
OP
brucegill

brucegill

Regular
agggggg. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion I have to try all the sizes out and thats the ONLY real way of knowing for sure :sad:

Thanks for the info @woodbutcher. Top tube does seem to be much more important than the seat tube size. I guess modern compact designs negate that measurement being much use now? seems a strange way od advertising frame sizes though :scratch:

The Ron Cooper is 57ctc top tube. The Kinesis is 55 virtual TT measured ctc. My Genesis CDF had a 56 (virtual again I think) ctc tt....

Being honest, I've not paid much attention to Stack and Reach. Thats my next mission.....

Top Bottom