Hello from Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

munkeh

Hello all,

Im Jack, from Essex

New to these forums and starting to try and get into road biking, getting all the information in my head.

just looking for advice on which road bikes to get atm, looking at Giant defy 4/ Specialzed allez/ Trek 1.2

Hello from a Brentwood boy banished to colder climes!

Welcome to the forum.

If you like those three bikes, then ride them, if possible, at you local bike shop and see which one feels best for you.

As you seem to be a relative newcomer to road bikes, I'd suggest the Trek1.2, but for no other reason than I prefer Trek bikes to Giant or Specialized.

If/WHEN the cycling bug takes over your rational thinking, then you'll soon be looking to upgrade your bike, or have others in your stable.

Have fun and happy cycling!

OP
OP
M

munkeh

haha im only round the corner from Brentwood, in Grays

Thanks, the LBS near me only stocks the specialized so that may be the one i end up getting, as the Giant sizing comes up strange compared to the rest?

ChrisKH

Guru
Welcome

It's tempting to opt for the first reasonable bike you see; but do try the others even if it means a trip to do it. Evans have a big store at Lakeside which should stock at least two of those, otherwise try Richardsons Cycles in Leigh on Sea for Trek, I think and I think they do Cube or something similar there now.

Chris (Benfleet)

EssexRider

Welcome, from another Brentwood boy haha.

and id say goto evans also... they dont sell Giant but they should stock the other two so you can get a look at those two bikes together at least.

ChrisKH

Guru
since when has there been an evans at lakeside? and where is it?

A couple of weeks. Missus says it was on one of the outer sales sites close to Halfords/Decathlon. You go towards the Halfords/Decathlon site from Costco and turn left instead of right. It's where the golf shop used to be, I think. It's opposite the "Best Buy" retail outlet.

OP
OP
M

munkeh

ahh i think i know, Took over the american golf building. ill have to check that out!

Speaking of decathalon, does anyone know what their btwin sports for £270 like as a starter bike?

EssexRider

herongate cycles doesnt sell anything he wants... this shop is literally 1 minute walk from my house :smile:
great bloke though id recommend him though, proper looks after you afterwards.

huttster

Hi jack,another essex bloke here,southend this time,what size bike are you looking for as someone is selling a trek 1.5 for £350 on southend wheelers website but is only 50cm frame size!

Top Bottom