Hello from Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

logrus

Jason, is that Essex Roads? Was debating popping along one Sunday to their "anyone can come" ride.

Hi , yes it's Essex Roads

They were great, we had me and one other person that was new and they made the ride purposely slow so that we never struggled.
At one point my chain came off and two of the guys, stayed behind to help me with it.

Very friendly bunch.

I am currently riding every other day, roughly 15 miles.
Billericay, round Hanningfiled Reservoir and back again, it's a very pleasant route if anyone fancies coming along PM me :smile:

Ericck, i wouldn't worry about not being the fittest, i puff like a train as soon as i put any effort in, i have been reliably told that with regular riding i will notice a remarkable difference by about 3 months :smile: The first three hills i tried in billericay, i had to get off and walk. Then a local chap gave me advice not to rush at the hill, and just get in a low gear and let my legs spin up the hill. On the forth hill i tried this and to my amazement it worked. The key seems to be not to rush it.

OP
OP
E

Ericck

Regular
I have been doing a dozen miles a day, 5 days out of seven
for about 4 months (since gave up smoking).

Still can't get up Crown Hill (for those that know it):surrender:
Although have not tried it in the very lowest front cog.

Could probably make it if I hadn't just ridden up Staneway
to get there. Not that steep but pretty long.

Will try the lower cog maybe soon.

Any other relative noobs getting any fitter. My regular route
still hurts almost as much as it did when I started :wacko:

Diggs

Veteran
Hi all, I'm from Billericay too. Done a few slow loops round the reservoir and back but unfortunately with the family commitments have not been able to make any of the Essex Roads Sunday morning rides. If anyone is interested in a relatively leisurely ride out (mainly at the week-end) then please give me a shout!

Top Bottom